How Many Silver Dimes In A Gold Nugget?

I can admit to starting any given detecting outing in southeast PA where I live, with the hope of seeing silver in the bottom of a deep hole.  It does happen often enough.  It is fairly common to find really old copper coins, but in our wet and clay soil...usually comes out pretty toasty so causes both satisfaction and an aw shucks.  I have a hard time getting excited about searching through pull tabs for shallow jewelry, although most of my nieces and my daughter proudly wear rings, bracelets, necklaces, anklets, and even a toe ring that I gave them.  They will always check out the one display case for any new items in it that might fit them.

I have been focusing my attention more on the travels of Washington's Continental army here, as he crisscrossed Bucks and Montgomery counties.  Finding an army button at a site they were camped at....that would be simply amazing.   

I am currently detecting a property which was a hotel used by the Doan gang repeatedly during the Revolutionary War.  Not expecting to find things signed by them, of course, but some of the old stuff i am finding could have been theirs, who knows.  If you want to read about some bad dudes, google them.  sheesh.

I always keep the silver dimes I find.  The common silver nickels, quarters  and halves get saved up and traded to my coin dealer for gold.  one day, though...maybe.

Happy Hunting

Rod

• Like 4