GPX 5000 Coils For Very Mineralized Soil

Hey guys.

My name is Patrick, I'm new to detection, I'm from Brazil. Sorry for the google translation ,. I would like the help of the most experienced.
I know that many have already upgraded their machines to 6000 and 7000.
I have a GPX5000 with a 12x15 mono commander and a DD 11 "commander. My nugget hunting region is the most mineralized in Brazil with large companies that remove material.
What are the best coils to handle such a hot soil? I am thinking of upgrading to DETECH coils of 15 "ultimate or DETECH 18" closed DD. Am I right with these coils or wrong to deal with high mineralization? Thank you all.

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 4

• The title was changed to GPX 5000 Coils For Very Mineralized Soil

11 hours ago, Patrick Araújo said:

What are the best coils to handle such a hot soil?

To answer this question specifically, I would have thought the 2 coils you already have. 
The bundle wound elliptical first and if still struggling with hot ground, then use the DD.

To go to a spiral wound coil is only going to liven up your already hot ground, yes?  

Another question though - have you found gold in this ground with the coils you already have? 

Cheers, NE. 

• Like 2

The 15X12” Commander Mono is a very good coil. The 11” Commander DD is too but it will not be as sensitive on small gold as the 11” Commander Mono if you had one or possibly even the 15X12 Mono. So, in addition to Northeast’s question about if you have found gold with the two coils you have........What is the size range of the gold in this area? If there is plenty of 1 gram or larger gold and the depth is around 12” or less, even in really bad mineralization both of the coils you already have should work. For smaller gold you may need a more sensitive 11” or smaller coil and for larger and deeper gold, you may need a larger coil than the 15X12 whether it is a DD, Mono or Concentric.

• Like 1

On 28/04/2021 at 00:24, Northeast said:

Para responder a esta pergunta especificamente, eu pensaria nas 2 bobinas que você já tem. 
O pacote é enrolado de maneira elíptica primeiro e, se ainda estiver lutando contra o solo quente, use o DD.

Ir para uma bobina espiralada só vai animar o seu solo já quente, certo?  

Outra questão - você encontrou ouro neste solo com as bobinas que você já tem? 

Saúde, NE. 

North East.

Thanks.

I just bought the gpx, I am reading your manual and researching forums which are the best configurations and coils to deal with the hot soil. My friend has a gpx and uses an elite 14 "but it makes a lot of noise and it is difficult to find small nuggets.

On 28/04/2021 at 01:12, Jeff McClendon said:

A 15X12 ”Commander Mono é uma bobina muito boa. O 11 ”Commander DD também é, mas não será tão sensível em ouro pequeno quanto o 11” Commander Mono se você tiver um ou possivelmente até o 15X12 Mono. Então, além da pergunta do Nordeste sobre se você encontrou ouro com as duas bobinas que você tem ... Qual a faixa de tamanho do ouro nessa área? Se houver bastante ouro de 1 grama ou mais e a profundidade for em torno de 12 ”ou menos, mesmo em uma mineralização muito ruim, ambas as bobinas que você já tem devem funcionar. Para ouro menor, você pode precisar de uma bobina de 11 pol. Ou menor mais sensível e, para ouro maior e mais profundo, pode precisar de uma bobina maior do que 15X12, seja ela DD, Mono ou Concêntrica.

Jeff Mclendon.

Thanks.

My friend has gpx5000 and we found nuggets from 0.5 grams to 6.0 grams of gold. I'm getting ready for my first hunt, I know that mono coils fight on this soil, that's why I'm considering DETECH coils, from what I see the commander coils are less going to do better on highly mineralized soil, am I correct?