GPX 5000 Coils For Very Mineralized Soil

6 hours ago, Patrick Araújo said:

My friend has a gpx and uses an elite 14 "

The Elite range are a spiral wound coil. 

The Commander range are a bundle wound coil. 

Bundle wound coils will be quieter in hot ground than a spiral wound.  So your Commander coils should be quieter even though they may not be as sensitive to small gold as your friend's Elite.  

The DD coil will be even quieter again but will lose even more sensitivity and depth.  

It may seem illogical but the coils you already have may give you the edge as they will be quieter.  And as you are just beginning it may be easier to just learn with what you have and upgrade when you are confident with the coils and settings. 

Best of luck  🙂

I know that in general, DD coils are theoretically better for highly mineralized soils and for EMI.

However, I have hunted with 11” Commander DD coils and 11” Commander Mono coils with a GPX 5000 on highly mineralized dirt and the Commander Mono was actually more quiet than the 11” DD and much easier to ground balance. I also have a Detech 8” DD which is more quiet than my 11” Commander DD which makes sense, but it is not as quiet as my 11” Commander Mono is some places.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Northeast said:

A linha Elite é uma bobina enrolada em espiral. 

A linha Commander é uma bobina enrolada em feixe. 

As bobinas enroladas em feixe são mais silenciosas em solo quente do que em uma espiral. Portanto, suas bobinas de Commander devem ser mais silenciosas, embora possam não ser tão sensíveis a ouro pequeno quanto a Elite de seu amigo.  

A bobina DD ficará ainda mais silenciosa novamente, mas perderá ainda mais sensibilidade e profundidade.  

Pode parecer ilógico, mas as bobinas que você já tem podem lhe dar uma vantagem, pois serão mais silenciosas. E como você está apenas começando, pode ser mais fácil apenas aprender com o que você tem e atualizar quando você estiver confiante com as bobinas e as configurações. 

Boa sorte   🙂

North East.

Thank you for the explanation.

I will try out my commander coils and maybe upgrade to an 18 "MONO commander and an 18" DD commander and an 11 "mono commander are the only easy options to find in Brazil. If I can get a location with lots of nuggets, I will update the coils or device.

16 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Eu sei que, em geral, as bobinas DD são teoricamente melhores para solos altamente mineralizados e para EMI.

No entanto, eu cacei com bobinas Commander DD de 11 ”e bobinas Commander Mono de 11” com um GPX 5000 em sujeira altamente mineralizada e o Commander Mono era na verdade mais silencioso do que o DD de 11 ”e muito mais fácil de equilibrar no solo. Eu também tenho um Detech 8 ”DD que é mais silencioso do que meu 11” Commander DD, o que faz sentido, mas não é tão silencioso quanto meu 11 ”Commander Mono é em alguns lugares.

Thanks for the tip.

I will add an 11 "mono commander for my research.

Thank you very much.