Spoon fed pigs! I like it! What year is the Merc? Nice finds.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Againstmywill said:

If only that dime could talk...

I bet it still doesn't smell as bad as some of the coins from my grandmothers back yard.

Nice hunt, a friend who owns several hogs told me that he loses a lot of tableware all the time.

Good luck on your next hunt

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By dogodog
      Well I decided to hit a new spot this morning, a 1770's farm house and barn  turned industrial building. This will soon be torn down for another housing development. My buddy was hunting a small maybe 50' x 40' back yard that has overgrown flower beds, while I was hunting the perimeter of the house with cut lawn. After two hours of only a clad dime and a quarter, I decided to see how he was making out. I asked what he got 2 early wheaties was his reply. while talking I swung the 800 on the edge of a flower bed not expecting to get a signal. But I did a jumpy 21 22 23, Jokingly I said how did you miss that. He responded I didn't get there yet. Thinking I was digging a wheat penny, I proceeded to pop the plug. I checked it with the coil, Not in the plug. But now I was getting a jumpy 29 30 31 32 in the hole. Thinking big silver or copper, After digging to around 10'' out pops a very thin copper which I thought was a KG. My buddy (which I hope he still is, seemed a little flustered) came over to look at it with younger eyes, And told me I just dug a 1788 Vermont copper. Well now I started to feel a little sick for swinging in his spot, It was not how I wanted to find a bucket list coin. I offered it to him but he said no, He was glad I found it. Still I didn't feel OK, but knowing we hunt together a lot and we trade good and bad days made me realize how much you would rather your friend find something than yourself. So now I have 3 of the 4 state coppers, all with the equinox after years of detecting with other machines. Luck maybe but I'm leaning towards how you trade info on your machine and technique's used with your detecting buddy.

• By F350Platinum
      Got permission to hunt a new campground, they tell me no one has ever asked. 😈 Talked to the Assistant GM and he got permission from the boss. Carte Blanche again!! 🥳
      This place is huge, a lake, lots of playgrounds, volleyball, you name it. Over 1,000 campsites. I feel honored.
      Spent 10 minutes around the lake and volleyball court, got coins. Relics came from a huge farm that they are about to convert to new campsites. I was there about 2 hours.
      The small silver-ish jewelry fragment may be gold, I have to clean it up a bit more to see if it has a mark. It was a 5/6, and was about 8" deep. It has brown shiny jewels on it. The small ornate fragment looks to be copper, it was a 21 and says "KLD" on the back. What looks like an odd salt shaker top rounds out the relics. Other than that I found a lot of bullets and shotgun shell ends from the 1800s. Aluminum trash is non-existent in the farm. The lake is EMI city.
      Oldest coin is a 1970 penny. Going in the lake tomorrow.
    • By rod-pa
      back to the mill again...working another small steep bank about 50 yards from the last time.  This was at the base of the bank, but still about 8 inches down.  I had just dug an almost surface matchbox car about a foot from it.  I am thinking 1855, 56, or 57, but cant seem to make it out.  First half cent at this site.

• By relic ray
      Two years ago, I found 104 nickels in a single hole. No key dates. No bank wrappers. Just nickels. 
      But today I found at 4 inches or so 26 memorials (all copper of course). Deeper down, 23 Wheaties, 2 nickels, and 3 Rosie's, and a Merc. The hole became deeper then my pro pin pointer was long. At least 11 inches deep. And yesterday (Saturday)  nearby, I found this 1937 silver half in immaculate condition. 

Yesterday I 

• By F350Platinum
      Went out for a couple of hours this morning. I find that the 2nd day after a big rain (we got 8"+ in two days) is better than the day after. It was a nice day, pretty cool and the deer flies are finally on the decline. I loaded up with Cutter and headed out to the steamboat landing, I have been mowing small portions of it for access to the river and to hunt the dirt as well. Can't do the whole thing, it's quite a few acres.
      I cleared this ~30x40' space that I think was where a small building was, there is brick and lots of iron. It's a challenge to find anything so I went for deep iffy signals that were for the most part repeatable.

I wasn't disappointed, great conduction today. Got the usual junk:
      Lamp parts, what might be gun parts, and shotgun shell ends. A couple nails. The round disc appears to be the back of a wristwatch, there are no markings.
      Dug a couple of wheats, a 1918 and one with no discernible date. The latter was 8" down under a root. Some chrome plated object, probably recent.
      The buckles were the most interesting things, first is a suspender buckle similar to one Chase found here, with a patent date:
      Second is what I think is from the 1700s, not sure whether it is for a shoe or knee:
      Unfortunately the rounded plate is twisted, I don't dare try to fix it.
      Last is another of the clip type buckles, this makes #3 and is the most spectacular of them all. I have the other half. This one is the most ornate:
      Got new headphones I'm going to try out there tomorrow.
    • By Kelpike
      I've been hunting the yard of a house we have been working on for a few weeks. The house is the first or second house built in that town and has some decent history. So far I have only found 3 old horseshoes, a completely shot rusted pocket watch, a few pieces of lead pipe, a few newer coins, many rusted cans, and a ton of rusted chunks of steel. I was about to leave the job today and decided to search for a half hour or so. I was about to leave and decided to dig another signal that sounded decent. It ended up being an Indian Head Penny. I was pretty excited to finally find an old coin on that property. After rechecking the hole I ended up finding 8 more IHP in a space about the size of a table place mat. I searched all around that area and found on more less than two feet away from the first hole. They are in pretty rough shape. After only rinsing under the faucet, the top 2 show dates of 1891 and 1883. The bottom 2 are unrecognizable. Hopefully with some cleaning I can get a few more dates off of them.