Yikes, 56 coins in one day, rings and things. Great job! Guess the GPX will pay for itself. 😁

• Like 2

How common are (solid) nickel rings?  And what TID would you expect for those?  (Hint:  aren't some Canadian coins solid nickel?)  Does nickel turn a person's finger a nasty color?  I'm voting for white gold, particularly because that's going to make you considerably more pleased.

You do an excellent job sorting and photographing all your finds (good and bad).  That's greatly appreciated.

Random question:  what is a stainless steel hex-head bolt doing on a beach??

Nice work, as always!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, F350Platinum said:

Yikes, 56 coins in one day, rings and things. Great job! Guess the GPX will pay for itself. 😁

This year is a good year beach wise for finding older coins. It takes a couple of storms to remove sand as well as very windy days to remove some more sand, little by little. Most recent hunts, I have averaged around 50 coins I think.   I lucked out and bought the GPX used for around $2500.00. The bad part is I spent almost that much again on Minelab and after market coils 🙄 It would pay for itself if I would stop buying coils 😄

33 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

How common are (solid) nickel rings?  And what TID would you expect for those?  (Hint:  aren't some Canadian coins solid nickel?)  Does nickel turn a person's finger a nasty color?  I'm voting for white gold, particularly because that's going to make you considerably more pleased.

You do an excellent job sorting and photographing all your finds (good and bad).  That's greatly appreciated.

Random question:  what is a stainless steel hex-head bolt doing on a beach??

Nice work, as always!

Solid nickel rings probably don't even exist, but that is what it looked like to me. It probably is white gold, but is a bit weathered looking. Nickel, even shaped like that ring, probably should read a bit above 8 on the Nox I would guess, but I bet it would be close. I think nickels read 12 or 13? Thanks about the photographing. I figure some people may want to see what New England beaches have trash wise. It also shows you that, if you dig it all, this is what you can expect junk wise. Not sure on the S/S hex nut. It looks tapered, so maybe some kind of pin for some machinery they may use on the park grounds next to the beach. But I also saw a windshield wiper in the water as well, that I threw out. It is kind of a trashy beach in some parts.

• Like 3

Great post & great pix as usual.  And I love how you are sure to post the junk pix as well.  Just so it's not like the bass-fishing channel, where "every cast is a lunker" 😆    To show the good, the bad, and the ugly.   You worked for your rewards 🙂

• Like 2

Here is a 5000 beach video we all have to like!

• Like 2

Another great hunt, and I also think that the ring could be white gold.

Good luck as always and keep the pictures and stories coming.

• Thanks 1

😄

8 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Here is a 5000 beach video we all have to like!

That's what the 5000 looks like if you use it a lot 😄 Scratched, but unaffected. Paul Cee, I watch his videos, he's a good guy. That flat beach is where a PI will shine. It's also where a lot of junk targets settle over time. He did a good job pinpointing and not scratching such a large target.

• Like 1

I'm surprised he uses a Commander coil in that wet stuff.

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

I'm surprised he uses a Commander coil in that wet stuff.

Yep. That won't last long. I guess they are a bit rain proof, so it should work unless he has to put it in a hole full of water Then it's game over.  A bit of water on those hard mud beaches helps the coil glide over the surface. Remove the water and that mud makes the coil stick and skip. Happened to me a lot the other day. You can't scrape the coil there.