River Hunt Experience Ends Well

Thought of one thing to add.

When you have someone supporting your obsession with this hobby/occupation, never forget to show your appreciation.

Probably my favorite find of the day, they grow wild here. 🙂

20210427_185104.jpg

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, kac said:

You think about tossing a set of waders on and go out a bit?

Not sure what you're asking. I got waders for river hunting early in the year when the water is cold, there are a few spots I want to check out. Soon the people who have summer houses will be here, and boats will be everywhere.

Just  testing today. I wanted to see how difficult it would be.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Thought of one thing to add.

When you have someone supporting your obsession with this hobby/occupation, never forget to show your appreciation.

Probably my favorite find of the day, they grow wild here. 🙂

20210427_185104.jpg

Never thought of getting flowers for my therapist.  😉

Good idea.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I really like the finds and location very much! But, the credit and flowers given to your wife💐, is the treasure of the day! A much needed reminder for me to remember! 🌺

Thanks!👍👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

How tall do the vases grow in the wild,I was thinking about planting some for my girlfriend.

The flowers are nice also.

Seems like you had a nice hunt and have checked out the area for future hunts.

Good luck and happy hunting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

How tall do the vases grow in the wild,I was thinking about planting some for my girlfriend.

The flowers are nice also.

Seems like you had a nice hunt and have checked out the area for future hunts.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Ha, she does the arranging and she's good at it! 😀 Just flipped out the trusty Benchmade, cut the top off a 1/4 full water bottle, sliced off a handful of narcissus and stuffed em in the bottle. I had the golf cart so I had a cupholder. 😁 Last year she told me to get the grass as well, and leave em long.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

...Fraught with risks from the poison ivy ground cover to the soft sand/muck in the river. There are places here that look solid but you sink immediately should you step there.

So what is your plan if you get stuck?

Did you check the dTID of the V-nickel after you got it recovered?  Just wondering if the corrosion has changed its conductive properties or if the low dTID was due to other factors when in situ.

2 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

So what is your plan if you get stuck?

Did you check the dTID of the V-nickel after you got it recovered?  Just wondering if the corrosion has changed its conductive properties or if the low dTID was due to other factors when in situ.

The scoop is very strong, I can lean hard on it or use it to pull me out. Someone asked me why It is 6' long, that's one of the reasons. I may add a second Raptor handle facing in the other direction. Walk softly and carry a big stick! 😀

I'm wearing chest waders so my boots won't get removed by the muck. Waders are inherently dangerous so I use a Mustang auto/manual CO2 type II PFD from my boating days. The water is barely in the 50s right now. My phone is waterproof and in a floating waterproof bag. The rescue squad isn't far away, but I'm not the type that throws myself on the good graces of others.

The nickel is and was a 9/10. 🙂 It's about as thin as those reales I dug! Weighs 2.5g. It looks just like it did when I scooped it.

Your question prompted me to think of other safety stuff I could use, and it occurred to me that I also have a portable aluminum spring loaded anchor that I used when kayak fishing. It would work like a grappling hook. Saved me once when a large Rockfish pulled me out into another river.

• Like 2