Greenies Face Off Against Prospectors Over National Parks Proposal In Victoria

This article caught my attention as I've also been on the receiving end.. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-28/environmentalists-versus-bush-user-groups-veac-proposal/100096256 

download.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Heck it’s no better here in Texas. Any place it’s a state park you can’t go on there with a detector. Along the coast if it’s a state park you better not pull a detector out unless you want a fine are jail time. We have some treasure ship’s along the coast so to make sure they keep you off they made it National sea shore . There they don’t put you in jail they put you under it .

like your problem they don’t want to put out the time and money plus all the hard work and maybe still get nothing. They are willing to take it from you like Texas did in 67 from some treasure hunters.

If they ever get their foot In the door it will be like California they lost dredging and may never get it back again.

Chuck 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

National parks should be to preserve vegetation and native animals at the same time let the owners (Australian citizens ) to enjoy their environment. I have been in these places many times in the last half century, the damage is non existent from bushwalkers, hunters and hobby prospector. However big mining as been allowed in national parks ( for example Ranger mine lease in Kakadu for one.) The rules that are enforced have at times been ridicules like the times times I have been informed you can not detect on the dry sand (below the high tide line) and dig a small hole that was half the size of the hole a small child was digging within 10 feet of me because it was a national park. The problem is once it is reassign it will not be returned to simple crown land like it used to be.😢

• Like 1