Greetings From The High Desert!

Arch Stanton

I have some unexpected extra time on my hands and am going to give metal detecting another try after quite a few years.  I was on a couple of forums that might not exist anymore.  I took the detectors out of the closet and brushed off the cobwebs and dust.  I have a Troy Shadow X2, Tesoro Bandido II, and a Whites GMT.  I mainly used the Shadow for hunting for relics and found a few. I recently sold a Tesoro Eldorado to a friend and hopefully he'll get the detecting bug and we can go out and find something interesting.    I'd like to resume the hobby and search for relics, gold, and meteorites out here in the desert.  This is a great forum with expert reviews on detectors and many informative posts.  I hope to learn quite a bit and enjoy the hobby.  

• Like 7

• The title was changed to Greetings From The High Desert!

Welcome aboard Arch Stanton !

For some unexplained reason I'm hearing a lone guitar and somebody whistling this really catchy tune , and occasionally cackling.  Lots of reverb.

Nahhhh , .Must just be an ear worm....

All that info you seek is here , much of it already posted. Ask about anything that puzzles you , answer on anything you have something to add.

I've heard there are relics , gold and meteorites out in the desert , so that checks out..     When you and your friend find some remember this one thing........We Like Pictures !

• Like 3

Arch,

Glad to have you here and am looking forward to reading about your finds, please post some pictures too.

Good luck and happy hunting!

• Like 3

18 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Welcome aboard Arch Stanton !

For some unexplained reason I'm hearing a lone guitar and somebody whistling this really catchy tune , and occasionally cackling.  Lots of reverb.

Nahhhh , .Must just be an ear worm....

All that info you seek is here , much of it already posted. Ask about anything that puzzles you , answer on anything you have something to add.

I've heard there are relics , gold and meteorites out in the desert , so that checks out..     When you and your friend find some remember this one thing........We Like Pictures !

You must know Bill Carson.  So they say.  Hopefully, we'll get lucky.  Thank you!

Good to have you here Arch, Glad your back at it!!!! And I'm really glad you joined up with this motley crew of of treasure hunters for some knowledge and info. As for the learning part, Heck we are all still learning and you'll fit right in!!!!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, dogodog said:

Good to have you here Arch, Glad your back at it!!!! And I'm really glad you joined up with this motley crew of of treasure hunters for some knowledge and info. As for the learning part, Heck we are all still learning and you'll fit right in!!!!

I appreciate the warm welcome! This is a great forum to learn you from experienced detectorists like yourself, and I look forward to learning a lot from you guys.  Thank you!

• Like 1

Hello Arch,

Like many of us, I'm happy you came back to detecting! Nothing else like it!! Those machines should still find the good stuff!!👍👍

• Like 3