Norvics 6000 Initial Impression

Crikey, what have you started Lunk. Aventree and Minelab will get together and we`ll have a heads up unit on a band in line with Jasongs recent post. Sound and sight detecting maybe with a little scent producing an occasional coffee sniff for a quick caffeine hit. 

• Haha 5

On 5/3/2021 at 3:55 AM, mn90403 said:

Norvic,

I have a 'trick' for you on the headphones to keep your ears dry.  I bought one of these hats.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SPZ6237/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

The material is thin so it doesn't affect the sound coming through the headphones when you wear the headphones outside of the flap.  I have to look for this cap every time I'm on the beach or my infrequent trip to the desert these days.

Mitchel

I just ordered another one even tho I can wash and rinse this one in a sink or water fountain it sometimes needs laundry too.

Yeah, tis maybe an option I will revisit, wore such in the days before the WM12 when H/phones were the go. Firstly but the band sounds like the go, quick spray of gold flecked paint and I`ll be able to flog it off to JP if it doesn`t do the job.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Went ahead and ordered a set also, thanks for the suggestion.

71vxZXZFGuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Sorry Norvic, feels like we have hijacked your thread!

Theres are a great idea! I have always been a fan of speakers under my ears and I have a pathological (almost neurotic) fear of wild dogs pouncing on my back, so have always avoided headphones!

Looking forward to feeback to see how they go!

• Like 2

You are not hijacking my thread Kingswood, anything pertaining to the 6000 or gold is welcome. Like you I`ll go with speakers over h/phones, wild pigs are a bigger threat than wild dogs over here in FNQ, unlikely as it sounds, the wild pig packs are even a threat to the wild dogs. 

Torus bands post tracking shows I should have by end of week, be out using them next week and see the go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Norvic said:

he wild pig packs are even a threat to the wild dogs. 

Making mental note to avoid detecting in FNQ 🙂

very much looking forward to seeing how they go.

I was thinking maybe velcro on unit and on detecting shirt to make sure doesnt fall off???....Or maybe they are normally secure.

• Like 1

Once you guys get these let us know how they work. The one thing that I’m really concerned about is how well it will stay on my neck. I don’t want it falling off when I’m bending over to dig a hole or something. By the way other manufacturers make the same thing including JBL.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, kingswood said:

I was thinking maybe velcro on unit and on detecting shirt to make sure doesnt fall off???....Or maybe they are normally secure.

Probably important when you are running away from the pigs or dogs

• Haha 2
  • Oh my! 1

6 hours ago, afreakofnature said:

I don’t want it falling off when I’m bending over to dig a hole or something

Yeah that was my concern too....maybe velcro??

As Redz pointed out, running from pigs or dogs, I wouldnt want to have to stop to pick the thing up 🙂

• Like 1

I just saw that you said that before my post and yet for some reason this morning I did not see that.  But I did not have coffee yet either. 🤣

• Haha 2

Never run from a pig or a dog, they`ll have you for sure.

Yep a wee bit of Kingswood Velcro will keep the band in place, we`ll probably start a world wide fashion statement and be leaders in the new trendy thingo...............🤪  Arnie will be wearing one in his new save the world movie. That`s it .... I`m off gotta have a gold hit to sane up.

• Haha 2