Norvics 6000 Initial Impression

13 minutes ago, Norvic said:

That`s it .... I`m off gotta have a gold hit to sane up.

Get some 🙂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

On 5/2/2021 at 6:17 AM, Jonathan Porter said:

I now use the Avantree Rx APTX BT unit just like a WM12 dongle,

Hi JP - could you please advise which Avantree you are using?  There are a few to choose from? 

On 5/2/2021 at 6:17 AM, Jonathan Porter said:

Note: DO NOT USE the Tx module anywhere near the control box of the 6000, insanity will result through the cursed EMI!!

Did wonder that!  Thanks for the clarification  👍

Posted in Torus thread re. Aventree Torus suitability. Now after a few weeks use I can say with certainty is the way to go, only con is they are not waterproof, as Chase pointed out, which is not a major issue in my detecting season but dust is thus time will tell if they last, they do not need velcro or anything to hold in place they sit there very comfy like and you only hear from them not feel them, which is a bit like the fairer...... I never said that........... 🤪

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Norvic said:

Aventree Torus suitability.

Thanks Norvic   👍   

I am being particularly fussy unfortunately.   At $130 they are a reasonable solution although the dust/rain thing is a concern.  The little Bluetooth receivers should be able to be kept in a plastic bag in the top pocket if need. And having a few spares at $40 each is easy enough too.  

Cheers, N.E. 

• Like 1

Edit: this model looked good when I first posted it but it may not be low latency or aptX compatible so it may not be useful for detecting- sorry.

This model is waterproof-just a speaker without ear buds, will try it out and post a review:

BUGANI waterproof wearable bluetooth speaker: Edit: pulled reference , it wasn't low latency- always check! Sorry if I wasted anyone’s time.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GotAU? said:

will try it out and post a review:

Not sure if you have purchased yet GotAU - I can't see on the Amazon that it is Low Latency although I might have missed it?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Northeast said:

Not sure if you have purchased yet GotAU - I can't see on the Amazon that it is Low Latency although I might have missed it?  

I have to check on that, good point!

12 minutes ago, GotAU? said:

I have to check on that, good point!

Ugh, I am pulling the reference- found a review that said it doesnt sync well with video so it may not be aptX compatible and probably not low latency.  Sorry!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GotAU? said:

Sorry!

No need to be sorry.  We are all learning here and a reminder to check the specs of items is just as good as a review.  Could save people some coin  😉👍

• Thanks 1