Norvics 6000 Initial Impression

Another couple of days behind the 6000, this time with the BT ML 100 headphones. They pair up effortlessly, perform brilliantly, H/phones take out that EMI that is introduced with the speaker, obviously the speaker is being over driven a bit to get the volume up to levels that allow the speaker to be heard in windy conditions.

The volume is much like the volume on the Z, tis more then just audio gain. Anyhow the ML 100 headphones with their own volume controls, bring those faint signals in clear and stable as and further adds to the magic of the 6000. But I`m looking forward to trying out the Aventree aptX Band and stop those soggy ears that h/phones cause, being a long time user of Steve`s Insane Settings I go for Sens Auto+ and got to say those of you that are hesitant to use Bogenes settings will soon change your ideas, as JP says it "smashes those tiny targets" and at insane depths.

Look out detectorists when ML pack the 6000 features into the next Z or maybe a software upgrade for our existing Zs.

• Like 6

Norvic,

I have a 'trick' for you on the headphones to keep your ears dry.  I bought one of these hats.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SPZ6237/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

The material is thin so it doesn't affect the sound coming through the headphones when you wear the headphones outside of the flap.  I have to look for this cap every time I'm on the beach or my infrequent trip to the desert these days.

Mitchel

I just ordered another one even tho I can wash and rinse this one in a sink or water fountain it sometimes needs laundry too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, AussieMatt said:

Any Bluetooth headset will work but to get the optimal level of low latency you need Bluetooth with the aptX Low Latency codec.

People also need to be aware there is different aptX codecs also. Not all will give the optimal low latency. 

There is also standard aptX, aptX HD, & aptX Adaptive.

Only aptX Low Latency products will connect with the GPX6000 (or Equinox/Vanquish) with lowest available Bluetooth latency. Need to look for aptX-LL on products.

https://www.aptx.com/product-listing?product_category=7&aptx_type=3

Transmitters/receivers:

https://www.aptx.com/product-listing?product_category=8&aptx_type=3

Thanks Matt, this explains it perfectly.

• Like 1

I have used external speakers for years and have always been a fan. Thanks to input from JP and Lunk, I just ordered Aventree Torus. Was gonna just run with the 6000s external speaker but I do like having speakers on my shoulders under my ears so the Torus should be an amazing fit for me. Thank ya'll for the info n feedback. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Norvic said:

or maybe a software upgrade for our existing Zs.

Now that would be a spectacular move by MineLab.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t think a software or firmware update would do it.  Just like PC’s you need more processing power for better improvement.  More chips!  😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flakmagnet said:

Now that would be a spectacular move by MineLab.

I suspect ML know that not in just ergonomics that the 6000 is the new current King, thus they have something up their sleeves, a software update to get the current Z up to speed is the go, or a new lightweight, more ergonomic Z as second choice, Steve and other testers might have a prototype already (I`m an OZ, tis in my DNA to av some wacked fun 🤪 pleeeze put down the axe Steve). Cunning buggers have no competition so to stop it all being boring (and keep shareholders happy) they make their own products compete with each other.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Purplehays69 said:

I have used external speakers for years and have always been a fan. Thanks to input from JP and Lunk, I just ordered Aventree Torus. Was gonna just run with the 6000s external speaker but I do like having speakers on my shoulders under my ears so the Torus should be an amazing fit for me. Thank ya'll for the info n feedback. 

Went ahead and ordered a set also, thanks for the suggestion.

71vxZXZFGuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 6

Anyone read a series of books by Julian May titled saga of the torque’s? These neck thingies look very much akin to what the books were about, I wonder if it will give GPX6000 users any special powers? 😊 I want a gold one. 😂 

JP

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Went ahead and ordered a set also, thanks for the suggestion.

71vxZXZFGuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

7 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

Anyone read a series of books by Julian May titled saga of the torque’s? These neck thingies look very much akin to what the books were about, I wonder if it will give GPX6000 users any special powers? 😊 I want a gold one. 😂 

JP

You guys are going to have some pretty funny looking matching tan lines wearing those things out there! 🤣 

But then again it seems like it would be a nice thing actually, especially since you’re losing the harness!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3