A Little 7000 Love

6 hours ago, Jonathan Porter said:

I’ve been told a Zsearch order is headed its way UpYonder 😊 which means not much stock to be had in Aussieland for a while. 😞 Pretty frustrating being a dealer in Australia at the moment, it’s the start of our detecting season and the two main hot items of choice, GPX 6000 and Nugget Finder Zsearch, are in constant backorder with a few dribbling through here and there, losing sales is the order of the day as customers scramble all over the country doing the ring around trying to get their hands on product before they head off on their prospecting adventures.

It makes it hard to plan your advertising and maintain or develop relationships with your customers to have it all thrown away due to an inability to supply, customers just will not wait if they can source the thing they want clear across the other-side of the country. 😣  The only saving grace is every dealer has exactly the same problem so we all suffer together 😆 

Thanks JP, good news for us although sorry you all are in the squeeze at prime hunting season. There are a few coils I think I want. I’ll get the NF when one is available I’m committed to pulling the trigger,  Then I’ll sacrifice the old 14” sort of I know it will still work and try some of the x coils?

7 hours ago, Norvic said:

X rated love it, aye there`s a new kid on the block, but that thick in the middle brother only leaves it scraps it seems.

Norvic, there’s a whole add campaign there if the want it “x-ray’td” coils, see deep down n dirty. Some tasteful graphics... 

Mitchel, I’m ready to go back, I was actually thinking about doing a day trip on Tuesday there’s a pile of dirt I want to test with my little drywasher and then a spot or two I want to look at that’s supposed to be open.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PeterInSa said:

I have found very small pin head size gold with the  Z but wondering with the introduction of the 6000 what I have missed. Have read about the successes of the 10 Inch x-coil by Simon (phrunt) and Dave ( davsgold) and positive x-coil comments from jr (beatty)and AraratGold on this and other forums along with comments on the X-coil Facebook site.

Was also influenced by the test comparisons between the standard Z coil and the NF 12 ( have one) and the potential wait time for a 10 Inch NF coil, so have purchased a 10 Inch X-coil, its in the mail (DHL).

X-Coils give a detailed DIY on how to make a patch lead and in a past life working in Computers/Telecommunications, I could make up one myself but prefer to get a pro to do the job for $150Aud.

Everything you say is spot on and my plan pretty much mirrors yours, I’m sweeping crumbs with a chattery maxed out 7000 going super slow, but know I’m missing some faint ones. With the new coils running just a tiny bit smoother maxed out the same settings that’s what I’m curious to see.

There was some secrecy around the details making the patch lead, I could never understand the reasoning for that, anyone wanting to reverse engineer only need buy the coil and the mystery involved in its production one of the major obstacles in my view, is it still somewhat the same?

Rick and Lunk, thanks very much I try my best to emulate what you guys do, Rick we were just talking about you and your good deeds... your generosity and how you conduct yourself is an example for everyone to strive for.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 1515Art said:

There was some secrecy around the details making the patch lead, I could never understand the reasoning for that, anyone wanting to reverse engineer only need buy the coil and the mystery involved in its production one of the major obstacles in my view, is it still somewhat the same?

Let me jump in here.  There are others who can attest to the same but there were and are ample videos and instructions for a competent person to follow to cut the wires, strip them of coatings and solder them on to the connectors.  These diagrams and videos were supplied to my tech and he understood what to do.

I read them and was a bit intimidated to heat but not 'over heat' the wires and such so it was just not worth it for me and I paid the $100 or so to have two connectors put on.  (You cut a wire and put a connector on each end.  This lets you use your original coil/adapter and attach any X-coil you use.)  It is simple but you need to be careful and it helps to have a little gas flame to take the coating off.  Then you don't want it to slip.  Slipping is the problem when it comes to a short.  Gluing everything together as a final step then coating with shrink makes it secure.

My tech had been doing similar connectors for other detectors and he will do more of the Zeds.  I backed over my Zed shaft and broke it but the X-coil and adapter were fine.  He did a good job but I know it is still on me if something goes wrong.

• Like 1

Great finds, and glad to see someone getting something out there.

I plan on going out this Saturday and search some of the creeks with the 800.

one of these days I am going to find some gold with what I have, and then I can say I have done it with a detector.

These are sluicing areas I have pulled some gold out of in the past, and I am trying to narrow my area down just a little.

Good luck on your next hunt!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

Let me jump in here.  There are others who can attest to the same but there were and are ample videos and instructions for a competent person to follow to cut the wires, strip them of coatings and solder them on to the connectors.  These diagrams and videos were supplied to my tech and he understood what to do.

I read them and was a bit intimidated to heat but not 'over heat' the wires and such so it was just not worth it for me and I paid the $100 or so to have two connectors put on.  (You cut a wire and put a connector on each end.  This lets you use your original coil/adapter and attach any X-coil you use.)  It is simple but you need to be careful and it helps to have a little gas flame to take the coating off.  Then you don't want it to slip.  Slipping is the problem when it comes to a short.  Gluing everything together as a final step then coating with shrink makes it secure.

My tech had been doing similar connectors for other detectors and he will do more of the Zeds.  I backed over my Zed shaft and broke it but the X-coil and adapter were fine.  He did a good job but I know it is still on me if something goes wrong.

A loooong time ago I worked for an electronics company one of my jobs was making and soldiering wiring harnesses for this small at the time hand held marine radio. I’m fairly decent at soldering, but you are right it’s easy to overheat those fine tiny wires without a real quality solder station and I don’t want to take the chance if I can hire someone who does it everyday. When I need it I’m having your guy do it👍.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Valens Legacy said:

Great finds, and glad to see someone getting something out there.

I plan on going out this Saturday and search some of the creeks with the 800.

one of these days I am going to find some gold with what I have, and then I can say I have done it with a detector.

These are sluicing areas I have pulled some gold out of in the past, and I am trying to narrow my area down just a little.

Good luck on your next hunt!

If there’s gold in the area and you take it slow you’ll find it, good luck.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, 1515Art said:

It’s exciting when a new detector emerges, none more so than a new top notch gold getting machine from Minelab and the new GPX 6000 is as exciting as it gets. Just a little reminder about the virtues of the GPZ/14” an older brother he may be a little thick in the middle but this heavyweight can still sniff out a few crumbs in the pounded terrain in the desert of Gold Basin Arizona,  from a few recent hunts.

D7E01284-25CD-452B-8DC2-15AE92094E21.thumb.jpeg.6a2e47bea9c5aa69ed71e70724b3a1c1.jpeg

You are spot on with your post. I personally cant see why I would want to replace my 7000 for the new 6000. Sure enough the 6000 finds gold. Sure enough the 6000 is probably easier to set up, but adds another $8000.00 to your hobby costs. You could alternatively hope to improve the 7000 performance by adding other manufacturers coils to the 7000, again costly. I have found small gold weighing .07 gram or possibly less(seems to be the lowest my scales register) in terrible magnetic iron stone conditions using the standard coil.

Time will tell as more info becomes available.  What I cant work out, is what has happened to the SDC2300? Has everyone put them in the bin?  It was not that long ago that the buzzing bee 2300 was the best machine out there on small gold, especially when you can buy one for under $4000.00?

cheers sturt

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sturt said:

You are spot on with your post. I personally cant see why I would want to replace my 7000 for the new 6000.

If I had to choose only one I would stick with my 7000, no question. For 7000 owners the 6000 is a "nice to have". I would even say a "really nice to have" for the reasons others have already stated. And yes, I still love my SDC, this machine remains a "must have" for me, just like the 7000. I would never give it up!

• Like 2