Second Day In The River, Odd Relics, Coins

18 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Something that size with a dTID of 31 on the Equinox is not likely a rock.  I posted something similar here a month or so ago that turned out to be aluminum.  Yours appears too small to be aluminum with such a high dTID.  Silver?  A careful specfic gravity test will shed some light.

Thanks for posting your dTID's.  Those numbers are consistent with my similar finds.  I'm still wanting to do more testing of dated but non-detector-finds pennies to see if I can find a pattern in the variation of the dTID's.

BTW, maybe you've said this but have you searched the shore there by that pier?  If it was a swimming and/or fishing spot there might well be some good finds where it's dry and not so dangerous.  Further, the corrosion probably won't be as bad  where items have been kept dry.  But maybe that area is too overgrown right now...?

Hey GB,

Truthfully I post my ID's because I know you are interested in them 🙂 and while I'm a prolific poster, I hope it benefits. If not y'all let me know.

At low tide there's some beach, at high tide nothing. Everything I find is wet daily. Both Chase and I have searched the high ground, he was lucky enough to find a silver quarter.

I think the heavier coins may be deeper than I can detect, this area flooded a couple of years ago and it really messed things up.

• Like 2

Usually coins that have been washed down stream will get hung up in the rocks or gravel and settle much faster than aluminum. If you finding can slaw and ring pulls then go upstream.

Try to run the machine as queit as you can. Thinking you can punch through a high target area and hear stuff below can be counter productive depending how dense the targets are. Refined iron is the easiest for me to sort through because I can trim out much of the smallest and tone down my iron audio. Aluminum and coke is tougher as the numbers can be all over the place and coke/coal can spike.

On my Multi Kruzer using 5khz aluminum can upsample but that seems to not be the case at 14 or 19khz. I have better luck with the mid ranged setting 14khz which I think might be similar to your field modes? Treat it like relic hunting and see how that goes. Beach modes tend to favor lower frequencies.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kac said:

Usually coins that have been washed down stream will get hung up in the rocks or gravel and settle much faster than aluminum. If you finding can slaw and ring pulls then go upstream.

Try to run the machine as queit as you can. Thinking you can punch through a high target area and hear stuff below can be counter productive depending how dense the targets are. Refined iron is the easiest for me to sort through because I can trim out much of the smallest and tone down my iron audio. Aluminum and coke is tougher as the numbers can be all over the place and coke/coal can spike.

On my Multi Kruzer using 5khz aluminum can upsample but that seems to not be the case at 14 or 19khz. I have better luck with the mid ranged setting 14khz which I think might be similar to your field modes? Treat it like relic hunting and see how that goes. Beach modes tend to favor lower frequencies.

Great advice and thanks!

The Equinox simultaneously goes from 5Khz to 40 Khz, unless a single frequency is selected. I can select 4,5,10 or 15khz on the 600, may try some single frequencies. However, I can't do that on beach mode, and the modes that aren't beach are noisy. I'll try it anyway !

• Like 1

I could be wrong but I think when you change modes it might change how much emphasis or bias is used in frequency ranges ie beach would favor low frequencies and Gold would lean towards the high frequency. Just a hunch as ML likes to keep secrets.

• Like 1