Top Pocket Find? Not Such A Good Idea!

The other day I went down to the beach with a friend to kill some time with the detector. I didn't find anything great. Just a several coins. Jokingly I said to my friend "THIS IS A TOP POCKET FIND" and put it in there. Well as we were walking home It got very hot/muggy so I took my shirt off. When I got home and went to take the coins out of my shirt pocket. They weren't there. Well today I went back to the same beach and found 1 of the coins. There should be several more in the same area so I'm going to try to find them with the MD tomorrow. Lesson learned: DON'T PUT YOUR FINDS IN YOUR TOP POCKET UNLESS IT IS SECURED

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

No pouch?

Kellyco has a pretty cheap mesh pouch. Not the best stitching but with care it will last a while, had mine for a few years now.

• Like 2

I use the Garrett pouch, or a Calces365 on the beach. The 365 had mesh on the bottom of both pockets to let dirt out. They are both less than $15.

• Like 2

Yes the secure top pocket is the best choice !

Something heavy nylon with a zipper is in style on the better beaches these days ! LOL

I use an old case from a Canon point and shoot I found ,,,,on a beach !

(minus the camera unfortunately) the mesh bottom mod is a winner too .....

• Like 3

Rather have velcro, zippers always jam up from me from the dirt. Half the time I forget to clean off my digger and toss it in the pouch only have to sift out my finds later 🙂

• Like 2

I still drop finds in my pants pockets without thinking sometimes .....

I find em again when I get my keys ,,,if they don't fall out when I pull out the keys !🙃

Here's what I use:

573405092_Screenshotat2021-05-02111308.png.2471ab2a667becf09a6a1b40fdb1a5c2.png

It could be a little sturdier (rubber-like coating wears pretty easily) but I've used mine for a few hundred hours and it's still holding up.  The lower seem on the pinpointer 'holster' is giving way but so far the Garrett Carrot hasn't fallen through.  Yeh, a second zippered 'goodies' pocket would be nice.  But overall it's easily the best I've found for my requirements.  For one thing, the belt loop is quite wide -- allowing me to use my GI belt.  Many brands either have an attached belt -- forcing you to use theirs, or a small belt loop which doesn't accomodate 2" wide belts.  There are several outlets/sellers (and variations of the image/logo on the pocket, for that matter).  I think they go for around $35-$40.

This does have the mesh bottom for the main chamber which is where I put trash and large items.  I presonnaly don't like that feature but it seems like a majority does.  I knock the dirt off enough before I put things in there.  What bothers me is when I carry it in the house, I need to keep it inside something (gold pan) else I leave trail of dirt along my walking path.  Spouses don't tend to like that; can't figure out why....  🤔