Gerry, 

FB is full of haters and that is why I just posted your excellent article and told them "Class is in session".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Gerry,

Will there be any ergonomic nuggets on that slope?  haha

Mitchel

• Haha 1
43 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Gerry,

Will there be any ergonomic nuggets on that slope?  haha

Mitchel

You know me well Mitchel,  Weight and Ergonomics do in fact = more gold for this old Jar-Head.

• Like 2

Gerry, that's a great observation and I am sure there are many people who recognize what you are trying to get across to help all of us. 

Also happy that despite nay-sayers, you have continued to talk about these critical detecting details.

Thanks...

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

but it's the VLF's that will keep on giving on a variety of gold the other PI's and ZED just can't see.  I don't make this stuff up, it's facts that I can easily back up and I do it every year.

Fascinating Gerry. I see many good applications for VLF's, and I use mine mostly in trashy areas where I need an iron meter, or for bedrock scrubbing if the mineralization allows it. But gold of that size missed by high end PI's/ZVT that only a VLF can see? Why do you think that is? There clearly is something that I don't know yet about VLF's. Thanks for your inspiring posts.   

• Like 1

It’s like an ore nugget. If you were probably to dissolve that away it would end up being a big pile of dust and flake, or wire gold, so there is lots of pore space in it.  Try running your detector over a veil of gold dust and flake. It doesn’t work too well.  VLFs work much better for fine gold and should sing nicely on pieces like that!

• Like 2
On 5/1/2021 at 11:37 PM, Gerry in Idaho said:

Will the new GPX-6000 see this kind of gold or act like all other PI's and the ZED and not see at all?

At this early stage of the 6000s release I am going to be bold and throw caution to the wind, the 6000 will do what no PI or ZVT will do and maybe replace your VLFs except where discrimination is needed. Time will tell and I look forward to your findings.

• Like 4
On 5/1/2021 at 6:37 AM, Gerry in Idaho said:

I made a post on my FB (Gerry McMullen) and shared a pic of the find along with the true comments of, the GPZ will not see it.  Between the private messages and or public posts, I was immediately informed by a few of BS and even told how I must not know the GPZ-7000.  One well known GP-3500 hunter even said he guaranteed his 3500 would hear it.  

That FB post and the way you handled it just got you another customer.  ME .  Once I have the funds I will be buying a 6000 from you whether or not it detects that type of gold.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Gerry in Idaho
      Was swinging the EQ-800 the other day and hit this nice specimen.  
      I realize all the love is for the new GPX-6000, but come on, the reality is most folks can't afford it.
      There is still plenty people having fun with the VLF's.

• By Rick N. MI
      I really like the coil. It has a sharp detecting edge and is fast. It was nice out. Was 55F. I went to field next to an old school house where I've gotten old coins before. I went to a different area. There was emi and used 15 khz and it ran smooth with sensitivity 24, 2 tone, recovery 4 (should have used 6, lots of iron), Iron bias F2 0. The single tones run so smooth. 
      Only one keeper, maybe drawer pull?

• By geof_junk
      I refer to the majority. Most of mine were quite ,distinct from ground or loud junk signal. Does that mean if I was going slow I would be better to sped up a bit. I know beginner go too fast but speeding up a bit would be more productive for those that have gain experience, I know what works for me or am I wrong. Let hear your view.
    • By MissRockhound
      I need help identifying this rock please. I found this around Louisiana a few weeks back. To me it looks like raw Platinum or an ore maybe. I’m not really good at this yet haha. It’s not magnetic at all, it’s weight is 3.7 grams, and it’s streak is too hard to get, as it only scratches the plate. So possibly even a meteorite? Idk  heh. Thanks you!!

• By MissRockhound
      Please help me identify this if possible😸. 
      I found this while Hounding around Louisiana. At first I thought it might be a meteorite but then I started thinking it’s melted metal haha. I’m not sure though. It is slightly magnetic and it’s streak is too hard on some sides and just scratches the plate. BUT other sides leave a brownish gold and gray streak. It’s odd. I might need to clean it and do the streak test again. It’s weight is 19.0grams. Thank you so much!

• By dogodog
      My day started by taking my wife to breakfast and a trip to a local greenhouse. On our way back we drove by a place I have wanted to hunt for a while and couldn't because the owners were just not to friendly. But low and behold I noticed some new house development signs. I did a quick title search and found out it was sold and being developed very soon. So I grabbed my stuff and headed back to this 1830's house. Today was the first day since I got the 800 I could spend more than an hour and a half detecting. My first two hours were a pretty much a bust except a cool silver plate spoon and my wife texting me to see if I found anymore jewelry? (NO) I was getting a little frustrated and decided to focus on a small strip of grass (three feet wide) next to the driveway and an overgrown pasture. After five feet  I got an OK 28-29 signal that was kind of bouncy. First good coin popped out a 1905 barber quarter (yes) Things were looking up. I jumped across the driveway and hunted near a rather young pine tree. Two swings and boom a 24-26 and out comes a 1919 mercury. Things are getting interesting. I stood up after digging the merc, swung again got 23-24 at 9 inches out comes a coin that had me wondering what the hell is that. after a little quick cleaning I realized I had a 1832 classic head 1/2 cent. But this was no ordinary 1832 this has an over stamp with a cross and the initials FZ. It seems that it was stamped early in its life. I'm wanting to know if anyone has ever found a coin with stampings? I have found a lot of good coins, but this has now become my favorite. The day came to an end and I had to go and enjoy some burgers on the grill. 
      Almost forgot the spoon, Its an american airlines made in the 1930's with the shape of a dc-3 and the words flagship on it.