Please help me identify this if possible😸
I found this while Hounding around Louisiana. At first I thought it might be a meteorite but then I started thinking it’s melted metal haha. I’m not sure though. It is slightly magnetic and it’s streak is too hard on some sides and just scratches the plate. BUT other sides leave a brownish gold and gray streak. It’s odd. I might need to clean it and do the streak test again. It’s weight is 19.0grams. Thank you so much!

31B073BE-4B69-40AC-8BD5-7A6224D41503.jpeg

30F32880-A67B-4D38-8FD0-8246175173B3.jpeg

13963C21-C2AF-4D56-B2ED-5AE3F0DC133D.jpeg

2345E8DF-51F7-4B91-AFB6-B55CB1BCA532.jpeg

EB196DCD-B37A-4473-A6F5-BBD8506C680E.jpeg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By mshin89
      Hi!
      This rock was recently discovered in the garden after deep digging. It has a blackened outer surface which appears to resemble a fusion crust, and is mostly stone with iron streaks throughout and rusting present. It weighs 38 lbs/17.2 kg, and is roughly 27cm long and 15 cm wide. The rock is rounded on one side and has a straight(ish) edge on the other where it likely broke off from a larger rock (I have dug further and can't find anything else). The rock is lightly attracted to a reasonably strong magnet but the attraction is not strong enough for it to stick to the rock independently. I have attached pictures here. Any help identifying it would be appreciated, though I appreciate it's unlikely to be a meteorite as these are very rare findings!
      To summarise:
      Is a magnet attracted to it? Yes (light attraction)
      Is it heavier than other rocks ? Yes
      Does it have a dark, thin crust on the outside? Yes
      Does it have a lighter color on the inside? Yes

• By devilsrenegade
      I have been wanting to search this ballpark again and try to find some gold jewelry, so today I had the time and decided to give it a go. I brought the Simplex and was going to dig all targets intent on finding jewelry. I put the Simplex in park 2, iron volume off with all notches accepted and set the sensitivity at half. I ground balanced and started swinging. First target was a bottlecap, second a piece of canslaw and third was bam......10k gold band about 3" deep. I don't think I was there more than 5 minutes. The rest of the hunt was some clad and lots of pulltabs and bottle caps and a junk arrowhead pendant. I guess it was just good luck that got my coil over that ring so quickly in the hunt. The ring came in at just above nickel and weighs just over 2 grams.

• By CVISChris
      Found these today up stream from my normal digs.  Look like game pieces too me.  
      They are stamped on both sides.   

• By Rick N. MI
      I was hoping it was piece of a meteorite but it isn't. 
      I was using the Equinox 800 and this piece hit hard. It is very light. It's not magnetic. The ID is 1. Could it be a piece of coal?

• By Kris0072000
      can anyone help me in identification?

• By oneguy
      Fri. hunt and one of my better hunts this season.  28 bits for a whopping 2.1g.....lol  But I'm having fun grinding em out, one bit at a time!!!!!