Great stuff, Dogodog! Ya gotta love a hunch panning out. Guess you're liking that Equinox. Nice silvers and cool relics!

• Like 1

That spoon is the Coolest spoon I have ever seen.  Nice hunt!

• Like 1

You hit some stuff that will make you go back!

Great coins.  Good research.

• Like 1

Congrats Dog, Great coins!

I think I got one of the batch of 800's that exclusively finds aluminum and clad!🤣

Go get some more!👍👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, dogodog said:

But this was no ordinary 1832 this has an over stamp with a cross and the initials FZ. It seems that it was stamped early in its life. I'm wanting to know if anyone has ever found a coin with stampings?

I have never found any of those, but have seen them in grandfathers collection. You can find them on the web all the time, but you are the first person that I know who has found one.

Great hunt and don't forget to get back for some more.

Good luck and good hunting.

• Like 1

That stamped coin is a one of a kind find for sure, my heart did a little jump when I first saw the cross. I thought I was at Oak Island for a second Ha Ha. 

CVISChris The spoon is awesome !! I only realized what was on it when I washed it off. I thought it was some junky plated spoon. 

• Like 2

Nice hunt. That is one of the best stamped coins I have seen. Apparently F.L. marked his coins for a reason. A lot of times you find some coins that are just practiced on and randomly punched or engraved. That cross stamp must have been specially made, since it's so perfect and not sure if it came with the set of letters. Maybe a store did these as advertising or someone was tired of people stealing his coins 😄

• Like 1

The cross is very similar to the Balkenkreuz, a symbol on Luftwaffe aircraft and army tanks and vehicles from WW1 on. FZ is German short hand for "vehicle"...

This is probably a stretch but I don't see that symbol used anywhere else.

Certainly don't know why it would be on an 1832 half penny🤔

• Thanks 1

Awesome, once again dog you are putting the bite on some great coins. Happy hunting to you.  😁 ht  oh yea the spoon ! 👍

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Allen M
      I found this what looks like natural formed metal about 2 1/2 inches long by 3/4 of inch wide and 3/4 inch high. 
      If anybody could possible identify the metal on it. I found this in Nevada and very curious as to the type of metal it is. There is no other mining claims in the area. and the wash I found it in is about 100-200 feet wide. and runs about 5 miles. 
      I am really interested to see what type it is. 
      thanks for all the help here are some pictures.

• By MissRockhound
      Please help me identify this if possible😸. 
      I found this while Hounding around Louisiana. At first I thought it might be a meteorite but then I started thinking it’s melted metal haha. I’m not sure though. It is slightly magnetic and it’s streak is too hard on some sides and just scratches the plate. BUT other sides leave a brownish gold and gray streak. It’s odd. I might need to clean it and do the streak test again. It’s weight is 19.0grams. Thank you so much!

• By MissRockhound
      I need help identifying this rock please. I found this around Louisiana a few weeks back. To me it looks like raw Platinum or an ore maybe. I’m not really good at this yet haha. It’s not magnetic at all, it’s weight is 3.7 grams, and it’s streak is too hard to get, as it only scratches the plate. So possibly even a meteorite? Idk  heh. Thanks you!!

• By Gerry in Idaho
      I like detecting for a variety of gold and really enjoy finding the stuff many higher end detectors can't see.  I don't know yet, but feel the extra capabilities of the GPX-6000 will open up some of these areas I hunt with the VLF's to get even more of the gold and at greater depths or in worse soil conditions.  As long as I am getting more gold, I'm happy.  Will the new GPX-6000 see this kind of gold or act like all other PI's and the ZED and not see at all?
      I recently recovered this 4.2 gram speci with the EQ-800 while running the new CoilTek NOX 15" round.  My goal was to find a piece of gold with the 15" and I met that goal.
      Part of some other testing back at base proved why I still like to take 2 detector technologies in the field.  This particular beauty was found right in the middle of a GPZ-7000 grid area, along with 4 others while using different coils on the EQ-800.  All 5 pieces specimens have visible gold and a couple how quite a bit, but to the point.
      The reason I found them in that gridded area, is because the GPZ-7000 does not respond or on a couple right near 1" and that's it.  I teach folks this in my classes, as well as try to educate others on the goods and the bads of different detectors and technologies.  Sometimes I get detectorists who are good hunters with their detectors and have success, tell me I'm full of BS and their detector will find it.
      I made a post on my FB (Gerry McMullen) and shared a pic of the find along with the true comments of, the GPZ will not see it.  Between the private messages and or public posts, I was immediately informed by a few of BS and even told how I must not know the GPZ-7000.  One well known GP-3500 hunter even said he guaranteed his 3500 would hear it.  
      I know gold detectors and I know how to find gold with a variety of gold machines.  No I am not the best, but I most certainly can hold my own and I learn to adapt really fast to a new area.  Traveling to different states and countries to hunt for and find many different kinds of gold has helped elevate my detector knowledge and skill of many models of detectors and the differing Au rocks I have collected. 
      So here is hoping the GPX-6000 with it's GeoSensing can respond to this little beauty.  If it does, I know of some areas I'll be swinging the 6000.  If it is like the GP-3500, the GPX-5000 and the GPZ-7000 and misses it, that fine too, I know what they can't see and realize it,  I will also know where not to use the 6000.
      Bottom line for everyone.  Please learn the kinds of gold your detector is good at finding and what it is not, so you aren't wasting time  in those areas.  Or be sure you have at least 2 different detector technologies.

• By relic ray
      Yesterday I and some friends were detecting a very old park. There were 3 flour Mills there dating back to 1850. I found a bell dating to Sept 8, 1863. Likely a bell to one of the flour Mills. The bell is almost 5 inches in diameter. I also found two dimes, 1907 and 1876. The 1876 has a CC mint mark ALA Carson City.
      Finally a few weeks ago in a different park I found a 1909 half dollar. 
      All of this with my new Equinox 800. 

• By F350Platinum
      This morning was as windy as yesterday, 30 mph with gusts to 45. It was supposed to settle down and stay kinda cool, so I decided to jump in the waders and hit the river.
      Never saw so much beach before! The tide was way out. I knew low tide was after 12 further down the river so going a couple hours earlier would do.
      Even the old V8 engine block was out of the water today.
      In 5 hours I did pretty good. Got some trash but nothing too trifling, a couple of pull tabs and a beer can or two, some fishing tackle, shotgun shells and some odd bits of lead.
      Bronze bead or roller of some sort, it is not hollow. Nice fancy rivet with a sun pattern, even the shank is patterned. Thin brass device holder of some sort, looks like it had an insert, either stone or cloisonne. Not sure what the copper circular object is but it is thick, heavy and appears to have snapped off something.
      1918 Buffalo nickel, undated Buffalo, wheat and IHP with no dates. I had to break them out of their encrustation. The Buffalos were 9/10, the pennies both 14.
      And the find of the day, I was surprised:
      Solid brass Brown Bess musket buttplate with engraving. At first I thought it was for an Enfield but it's too big. Dates from mid 1700s to mid 1800s.
      Either this place was hit hard for silver or I need a PI detector. 😀 Nickels and pennies are everywhere, there's gotta be some silver coins here.