Great Day With An Unusual Coin In The Bag

Great stuff, Dogodog! Ya gotta love a hunch panning out. Guess you're liking that Equinox. Nice silvers and cool relics!

• Like 1

That spoon is the Coolest spoon I have ever seen.  Nice hunt!

• Like 1

You hit some stuff that will make you go back!

Great coins.  Good research.

• Like 1

Congrats Dog, Great coins!

I think I got one of the batch of 800's that exclusively finds aluminum and clad!🤣

Go get some more!👍👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, dogodog said:

But this was no ordinary 1832 this has an over stamp with a cross and the initials FZ. It seems that it was stamped early in its life. I'm wanting to know if anyone has ever found a coin with stampings?

I have never found any of those, but have seen them in grandfathers collection. You can find them on the web all the time, but you are the first person that I know who has found one.

Great hunt and don't forget to get back for some more.

Good luck and good hunting.

• Like 1

That stamped coin is a one of a kind find for sure, my heart did a little jump when I first saw the cross. I thought I was at Oak Island for a second Ha Ha. 

CVISChris The spoon is awesome !! I only realized what was on it when I washed it off. I thought it was some junky plated spoon. 

• Like 2

Nice hunt. That is one of the best stamped coins I have seen. Apparently F.L. marked his coins for a reason. A lot of times you find some coins that are just practiced on and randomly punched or engraved. That cross stamp must have been specially made, since it's so perfect and not sure if it came with the set of letters. Maybe a store did these as advertising or someone was tired of people stealing his coins 😄

• Like 1

The cross is very similar to the Balkenkreuz, a symbol on Luftwaffe aircraft and army tanks and vehicles from WW1 on. FZ is German short hand for "vehicle"...

This is probably a stretch but I don't see that symbol used anywhere else.

Certainly don't know why it would be on an 1832 half penny🤔

• Thanks 1

Awesome, once again dog you are putting the bite on some great coins. Happy hunting to you.  😁 ht  oh yea the spoon ! 👍

• Thanks 1