2 hours ago, Northeast said:

Words that should get all GPX6 owners in a party mood

I am already in party mood with the 6k (started 1st day). However, I just seem to be too busy picking up all the microscopic shallow stuff to ever get to the deeper targets. GC.

• Like 4

It’s really surprising how a #9 birdshot sized piece of gold a couple inches deep rings loud and clear...it makes you thing it’s something bigger...the 6000 does what it’s supposed to do. 

Strick

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

I am already in party mood with the 6k (started 1st day). However, I just seem to be too busy picking up all the microscopic shallow stuff to ever get to the deeper targets. GC.

In a lot of cases the simple truth is that’s all that’s left. Hurts to realise that but some patches have been pounded so much they need a GPX6000 to bring them to life again or you have to move on to fresher fields and hope for the best. Finding even a tiny crumb is far better than nothing at all especially if you only have limited time or are constrained by a goldfield that has seen a lot of action over the years, I for one would go detecting for a fix on the most flogged ground imaginable if that was my only choice, having a chance to ping even a tiny crumbs is better than not going at all or coming home empty handed.

The 6000 will be in vogue for years to come because those tiny pieces are so plentiful even on flogged ground, I can’t imagine what the sensitivity will be like when we get our hands on a 10” elliptical or some such, a PI with VLF like sensitivity, mind boggling. 😳 

JP

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Is an amazing tech advance journey, from the beginnings of individual electronic prospecting to todays 6K, just in a short 50 years or so. Most old patches given a new life with each detector advance plus new patches found many not so far from those old "flogged" patches. I can only imagine how many more patches will be found as detectors advance more in the future some no doubt right in close on ground we`ve walked/driven over judging now as not worth the effort.

We are a privledged lot to participate in this amazing gold rush on our hunted home ground, imagine the journey in Frontier Africia today and tomorrow further out maybe on asteroids in another short 50 years, crikey where`s that Fountain of Youth.........

• Like 5

I read an interesting article last year by someone from France with some impressive gold!

https://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/en/ba/the-blog/gold-prospecting-in-africa-with-the-xp-deus-v3.php

Incidentally, a man in Cameroon messaged me on FB not too long afterward trying to identify some crystals. They were nothing valuable but then he told me he wanted to get a gold detector there so he could join the rush but of course he doesn't have the resources and needs help. It made me wonder if some enterprising person there in Africa could make a business grubstaking local prospectors with detectors.

• Oh my! 1

11 hours ago, Jonathan Porter said:

I can’t imagine what the sensitivity will be like when we get our hands on a 10” elliptical or some such, a PI with VLF like sensitivity, mind boggling. 😳 

Great points, JP. And I can't wait for those little elliptical coils neither. I just hope that Coiltek won't run into supply constraints due to Covid. There will be a huge demand! GC.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jonathan Porter said:

Hurts to realise that but some patches have been pounded so much they need a GPX6000 to bring them to life again or you have to move on to fresher fields and hope for the best. Finding even a tiny crumb is far better than nothing at all especially if you only have limited time or are constrained by a goldfield that has seen a lot of action over the years, I for one would go detecting for a fix on the most flogged ground imaginable if that was my only choice, having a chance to ping even a tiny crumbs is better than not going at all or coming home empty handed.

This rings very true to someone like me who is now 'following the heard' to old pounded spots.  As a matter of fact this was being said about 10 years ago on many of the patches I was using my first gold detector on which was the 5000.

Back then I was unprepared for that reality and I thought I could overcome the odds of finding big gold by walking farther and detecting more.  Just before I started this gold prospecting phase of my life I had been a marathon runner and I've run 21 marathons and many, many miles in hills that don't have a speck of gold.  I read you had to extend a known area and that is what I tried to do.  Between not knowing where to look and going too fast it took me over a year to find my first nugget.  I've found a few pieces of nice gold with my method but now I'm in a quandry.

Now I'm in the situation JP describes of having limited time and limited goldfields and getting home with only 'good views of the deserts' and no gold.  haha  Pulling the trigger on a 6000 for those infrequent trips could easily be done but for some reason I just can't give up the 'hope' of bigger gold if I just go to places where a 7000 or an Equinox has not been before.