"ringing" In The First Of May

He  has      been getting the best find of the month all year among the  people  I hunt with.It will be tough to  beat  that for    the month of May.A  great  relic.He started the    year with that  huge gold ring in January in the  first      15 minutes  with his  new Nox.Well done Relic  Ray.

• Like 3

Nice finds, RR. Bet that bell about blew your head off! Always gets me when a large target sounds off in 50 tones.

• Like 1

Yeah, it was loud and high toned. I figured it was just another soda/beer can. But I was very deep in the woods following a very old and obscure path and I was surrounded by thorn bushes and under growth. So then I thought who in their right mind would be drinking here, after all, I had gone where no one had gone before, at least no one for a very very long time. 

I dug it and there it was. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, relic ray said:

I found a bell dating to Sept 8, 1863.

Fantastic find on the door bell, looks to be in good condition, but missing a couple of parts.

I hope you can find the rest of it.

AS for the coins how can you keep hitting those nice beauties.

Good luck on your next hunt!

12 hours ago, relic ray said:

So then I thought who in their right mind would be drinking here...

I wish I had a (Buffalo) nickel for every time I've thought that!!  :laugh:

Nice finds!  A Carson City coin rarely shows up in the East (and not many in the West, for that matter.)  You've again shown how persistence (still) pays off when metal detecting.

Awesome finds Ray! The bell looks like it had a commercial application due to its rugged construction. It may have been used as a loud doorbell or perhaps to indicate …”It’s break time!” at the ole’ flour mill. I like the old coins but the bell is a real ringer! 👍👍👍

• Like 2

Hi Clad Hopper. Yeah, I think you're right. The bell is so huge I doubt it would be for a house door. Likey the flour mill used it to signal its workers for this or that, ALA "Lunch is over get your butts back to work."