Goldmaster 24K By Garrett Metal Detectors

Wow this news from Garrett Metal Detectors was definitely a surprise.! I didn't see this one coming. GPAA News by Kevin Hoagland mentioned this intro news this month.

GARRETT METAL DETECTOR ANNOUNCES FIRST DETECTOR LAUNCH FROM THE WHITE’S ACQUISITION
Kevin Hoagland

Van, Texas April 17, 2021 – Mr. Vaughan Garrett Senior Vice President, Marketing and Sales announced to the attendees of the Charles Garrett Memorial Hunt IV, the first co-branded Garrett – White’s detector will be the GoldMaster 24K aka. GMT 24K due for release mid-year 2021.

Members of the Garrett team that I spoke with including Mr. Garrett shared with me that there are Garrett technologies they wish to incorporate into the GMT 24K before release but did not elaborate on what those upgrades may be.

I'm very excited about this launch, which is just a month or so away, currently I own a GM 24K ,I purchased just before COVID and wonder if we will qualify for an upgrade,if any are made. Maybe a grace period within 1 year of purchase would be fair to qualify.

What are your thoughts you 24K owners?

I wonder what they will rebrand to? GOLDMASTER 24K by Whites/Garrett or GOLDMASTER 24K by Garrett Metal Detectors? What do you think? I was gon a post this in the Garrett section but I'm sure I would get some stonethrowers or negative response. I'm tempted though,lol.
whites-goldmaster-24k-metal-detector-photo-large.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Jerry Perez said:

but I'm sure I would get some stonethrowers or negative response.

Not only would that not happen on these forums, but I see no reason why it should under any circumstances. Why would Garrett reissuing the 24K not be great news for all involved?

Facts are facts, and this is not Whites news, as Whites is gone. This is Garrett news, so I’ll post it there!

Genuinely great news in my opinion, and amazed I missed it. Thanks for posting!

• Like 2

Co-branded. So Garrett GMT 24K? White’s GMT 24K by Garrett? Garrett/White’s 24K?

I’d probably ditch the White’s moniker entirely, but they paid money for the name and want to leverage it. I’m not sure that works unless it was kept as a separate division. People are going to know it’s a Garrett, and that’s what it will probably get called anyway. Avoid the Nokta/Makro effect and keep it simple. Product name should roll off the tongue, not be a mouthful.

So it’ll be Garrett 24K for me. Garrett additions? What does that mean? Maybe a tweak to the threshold as I felt a disconnect there. Better be the same housing, but I’m guessing not desert tan?

Whatever, names and colors do not matter, just performance. Great move by Garrett!

Goldmaster 24K Review

whites-goldmaster-24k-metal-detector-photo-large.jpg

• Like 2

On 5/3/2021 at 9:09 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

Not only would that not happen on these forums, but I see no reason why it should under any circumstances. Why would Garrett reissuing the 24K not be great news for all involved?

Facts are facts, and this is not Whites news, as Whites is gone. This is Garrett news, so I’ll post it there!

Genuinely great news in my opinion, and amazed I missed it. Thanks for posting!

Nice steve thanks for reassuring this for me on the Garrett side as I didn't know where to post it.

• Like 1

The best improvements they could make would be:

1. Wireless audio. I was not given a necessary budget to include a Qualcomm aptX LL chip, though we did have a prototype built with it included!

2. Improve coil manufacturing. White's process involved a lot of 1970's technology, with no automation - all hand-made and tuned. Watching the production workers hand tune the coils with ferrite, wire, and foil made me wince every time. Did you know that the dielectric constant of epoxy changes over temperature?

3. Improve the battery system and housing. A rechargeable LiPO will be cheaper to manufacture, and the plastic housing is finicky in the current version.

The 24k was the only real "new" detector I got to head up development for at White's (I don't count the MX7 and TDI BH since they were not new). I really hope Garrett can continue some of the other projects we had going when I left. They need to focus more performance than marketing to keep up with Minelab.

• Like 9

Excellent  suggestions especially the control box and battery packs so many problems with those battery packs from loose contacts and or springs or not taught enough to give it that full contact it needed. Hand manufacturing has its pros and cons this was definitely a con and for sure wireless audio headset capability via Bluetooth would be awesome indeed.

Lipo battery for sure, rechargeable!!! Yeah buddy now we're talking. And the coil situation,hmmm that's not my area of expertise other than looking at the end results of what they can do in the end. That's an interesting take on the epoxy though changing the dynamics over time. I would assume it's perhaps due to the water elements, especially salt water? Dunno. Thanks for the thoughts though....