Nokta Makro Gain & Threshold Settings

On the Anfibio Multi (and I think Kruzer & others) there is a definite step in sensitivity between 39&40 Gain and again between 69&70 Gain. Is this a change in the Internal Threshold? In a way this would be the inverse of the way the F75 adjusts sensitivity according to Mike Hillis.  Regardless, it is a very good set up in difficult sites. Most NM users know about the difference in response speed between 89 & 90 Gain on 3DI. This is different. I had read about these steps in a forum post that quoted Alper of NM. I can't seem to find that post now that I want to re read it.

• Like 1

I noticed the big jump in gain settings with performance and think they did it in blocks of 10 with very subtle changes between. I almost never run the machine past 89 here even in Gen Mode when I used to run that flat out trying to squeeze out an ID off a faint target.

I think the big jumps might be more Tx boosting along with over all gain adjustment. That seems to be my guess.

• Like 1

It would be nice to understand some of the underlying function. I know it is kind of getting into the weeds and many don't care to. I would like to see NM give more in depth operational discussion. A supplemental guide beyond the basics in the owner's manual. The detectors are so capable. I want to know how to run it at it's best. Perhaps Dilek will see this and chime in.

• Like 1

I wish NM would give us an app we could tweak the machines and even save out different configs that we could load up on a thumb drive and install on the machine. Dogodog and I asked and it fell on deaf ears lol.

• Like 1

I would just like to have something in print. A thread on Advanced NM operation on this forum that NM actively participated in would be great.

• Like 1