Garrett GMT 24K Gold Nugget Detector

As a non-gold prospector observer, would be interesting to see what else they come out with and how they warranty it. Garrett service is pretty good. 

I imagine that housing and form factor they used as latest on MX Sport/MX7, the gold models waterproof, not waterproof (GMT/GMX Sport?) they purchased the molds and design. Maybe some of the labels for display unit and coils?  Maybe just a simple printing change. Color change probably simple as well. 

I don’t see the Treasuremaster/Treasure Pro making a comeback as they seemed to be overpriced for that beginner spot where the Ace line up rests.  Or the MX7/MX Sport for that matter as they seem to overlap with AT lineup.  Unless this is a marketshare play to retain the Whites loyal. Then I could see that.  But are they competing with First Texas for number of brands and rebranded detectors or going to make more compelling offerings like the Apex?

I always wanted to see a VX3/DFX device in the waterproof MX Sport housing with wireless and waterproof headphone options. But maybe that would cannibalize on AT Apex type future device they have hinted about....

A TRX by Garrett as an alternative to the AT Pro Pointer? Pro Pointer already has a version with Zlink.

Would they drop any of their current offerings like the AT Gold and GT2500?  

So many questions. Time will tell I guess. 

• Like 4

I really liked a lot about the original GMT 24K.  What I hope Garrett changes are the battery system, give it actual target IDs, more threshold adjustments, wireless connection with the Garrett MS-3s and put it on a Garrett shaft system.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Garrett additions? What does that mean?

30 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

What I hope Garrett changes are the battery system, give it actual target IDs, more threshold adjustments, wireless connection with the Garrett MS-3s and put it on a Garrett shaft system.

I was thinking Z-Lynk wireless also.

If the release is really only a month away I wonder how much tweaking they've done.  OTOH they have owned the rights for about a year now and they possibly got to work right away.

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

...the first co-branded Garrett – White’s detector -- Kevin Hoagland

I like the word 'first', although that might be Kevin's choice of words more than Garrett's.  The 24k was the most obvious re-issue since Garrett doesn't have a detector running at higher than 20 kHz (right?).  And the 24k was White's best creation in quite a while.

Now I'll remind them of my hope -- reissue the Bullseye TRX.  I see NickeldNdimed already beat me to that wish.  Just pure reissue (standalone, not part of Z-Lynk) would be a positive and likely profitable step, IMO.

• Like 3

Do you see who 'reported' the story?  Kevin Hoagland.

Does he have some involvement?  What about his GPAA gig?

18 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Do you see who 'reported' the story?  Kevin Hoagland.

Does he have some involvement?  What about his GPAA gig?

You may have missed this post in another subforum.  A quote from that post (by OP Jerry Perez):

I didn't see this one coming. GPAA News by Kevin Hoagland mentioned this intro news this month.

Thats good news-Now maybe there will be some dust and rain covers available for it-Steve I thought you sold yours and where did you get the rechargable battery pack at ?Thx :ph34r:

I see ... Kevin was a reporter for the GPAA magazine or something.  I thought he was involved with the press release from Garrett.

1 hour ago, Mike C... said:

Thats good news-Now maybe there will be some dust and rain covers available for it-Steve I thought you sold yours and where did you get the rechargable battery pack at ?Thx :ph34r:

I did. The rechargeable battery pack was from White’s. You can also use rechargeables in the regular AA holder.

• Like 1

Give me the 24K with wireless built-in, and a Signagraph screen like the DFX, and I'd be a buyer, and I've already got the whites version.

Jim