Garrett GMT 24K Gold Nugget Detector

9 hours ago, phrunt said:

It appears given time Garrett are showing signs they're in for the fight, a Garrett 24k powered by Whites technology can only be a good thing.  I'm looking forward to this one and just hope they don't stuff it up.  If they just release a Garrett branded 24k with some minor changes it won't make much difference in the world, most people who wanted a 24k already have one except me, and it didn't seem that was all that many people either.

They should easily be able to make a Gold Monster killer with this release and Garrett is more accessible worldwide than White's ever was.  They just need to throw everything they've got at this one, put all of the best features they can think of into it, wireless audio forget their Z-Lynk as good as it maybe, go standard Bluebooth low latency, don't box yourself in... Minelab learnt that already with their WM* Wireless audio now they've moved onto Bluetooth like everyone should, back light, real target ID, including all the best 24k features, a range of coils including concentric in all the popular prospecting sizes... anything they can do to make it very noticeably better....

If they've heard people on forums or Facebook saying they want something and it makes sense to give it, do it, they need to make something that makes everyone stand up and take notice not another mediocre detector,  make a big bold statement.  Even if they make very little on it, this one is them showing they're up for the challenge and gaining respect from the wider prospecting community.  If they can do that it can only benefit their future detector sales worldwide outside of their fan base. 

Take note of Nokta, feature packed high build quality detectors based off rather basic designs..... And people go for it.

I want to buy it already just thinking about it.

PS.  Don't forget Language selection including African and Arabic.

I agree with all that except with everyone who wanted a 24K having one already. It was my pick for best LF detector at the time, having let my Gold Monster go in favor of the 24K. Whites was already going down when the 24K came out, however, and I don’t think it got near the market penetration it deserved. Certainly not overseas.

I’m pretty excited by what I’m seeing. I’ve been trying to wake the U.S. manufactures up for way too long, while they go out of business one by one. Garrett has the financial resources to put up a fight, and the Whites purchase proves they are serious. Simply adding Garrett’s excellent high speed wireless to 24K would be a nice improvement. The other low hanging fruit is coils. Old, thick, foam filled coils like the White’s 8x14 DD need to go away, replaced with modern coils. Garrett has a very nice coil selection compared to White’s 1980s era designs. But other than that I’d not mess with the 24K much, as Whites had it pretty well dialed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

That is true, the International market is where they need to focus on the most with this one with the marketing and there will be plenty of people who want a Garrett 24k, maybe they just don't know it yet.   They need to look at the sales figures from the competition at where their products are selling and go for it.

Garrett is not really a big name in prospecting detectors and will need to focus some effort into making people aware they've really got something special here.  They have the opportunity to take the market lead for a prospecting VLF in performance and sales and I really want them to do it, it would be wise to do it quickly though, who knows what the competition have up their sleeve.   I always thought the 24k came a few years too late, a bit earlier and we'd likely all have one so the Garrett 24k needs to make people want to upgrade.

This one is open for the taking, a rare opportunity.  Good Luck Garrett! You can do it.

• Like 3

I'll be curious to see how they end up marketing their new detectors with the White's influence. "GW Metal detectors, the best of both worlds"?

I'd fully brand it Garrett and have a logo on the box saying Powered By Whites Technology or something and a little Powered by Whites logo on the detector with the old Whites logo image, let people know it's had Whites influence although I'm sure anyone who that matters to already knows.  They should stick to being Garrett only I think not take on both names.   Nokta Makro is a mouthful and I always just refer to them as Nokta.  Garrett White's just sounds ridiculous.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

Garrett is not really a big name in prospecting detectors and will need to focus some effort into making people aware they've really got something special here

The irony is Garrett can to a large extent be credited with popularizing what was called electronic prospecting. The 15 kHz Groundhog circuit paved the way, and Garrett’s partnership with Roy Lagal means most placer gold prospectors have heard of Garrett for the gold pan at least. But early on, it was Garrett, and all those Hand of Faith ads (found with a Garrett), that had a lot to do with where we are today. This all being the case, I always thought it odd that Garrett backed off, and did not make nugget detectors a pressing priority.

D7D828F0-E677-4E74-8F80-070A7741CA8F.jpeg

garrett-gold-hunter-a2b.jpg

• Like 5

I have the same opinion as Steve ........ the new Whites Goldmaster 24K simply did not have enough time ... to settle stronger and gain a strong foothold in the market of high-frequency VLF gold detectors ... it is also due to insufficient promotion of this detector from Whites and initially also the missing / delayed assortment of additional coils .. -that perhaps a little discouraged potential customers to buy this prospector detector ..

Marketing is very important .. and it is important to promote the advantages of such a new detector .. such as / XGB -balance and + 40% stronger TX / ..

Steve "Herschbach ..... made an excellent review of this detector, and added his good experience from detection with this detector ...👍
... I strongly believe in this review ... so if I had to buy a high-frequency prospector detector, the Whites Goldmaster 24k would probably be in the forefront in my search ...

Many people think that VLF Detectors have already reached a certain limit of performance .. and that it is difficult to achieve any improvement ... especially on stronger mineralized terrains ...

My latest experiences suggest ... with unconventional thinking in the field of physics, we can easily cross such a limit ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

I'd fully brand it Garrett and have a logo on the box saying Powered By Whites Technology or something and a little Powered by Whites logo on the detector with the old Whites logo image, let people know it's had Whites influence although I'm sure anyone who that matters to already knows.

I like the idea of indicating the connection between the new Garrett and the old White's somehow.  But I'm of the opinion not everyone who matters actually knows that development.  There are quite a few detectorists who don't read the forums, and many of them are/were dedicated to a certain brand -- e.g. White's.  Many (most?) White's dealers were strictly White's, possibly by requirement (which I think changed in later years).  So a White's dealership disappears and the dedicated White's detectorist isn't aware of the latest transition.  True, that's more likely to happen for an occasional coin/jewelry detectorist as opposed to a natural gold detectorist.  But hopefully there will be other products from the White's line that get rebranded.

And welcome back (again), Simon.  I was thinking about linking to a YouTube clip from the 1970's TV show Welcome Back, Kotter and its classic(?) theme song, but that seemed a bit too mushy.  Before your time, anyway.

• Like 2