Non Minelab Pi Detectors

Up until now, my hunting has been mostly in freshwater lakes in beach areas for jewelry.  This fall, I want to start nugget hunting on land and in rivers while traveling out west.  Mid summer to fall, I'll be back in my old freshwater lake haunts hoovering up the jewelry that the vacationers lose.

I'll check out the Pulse Dive, but I'm not really looking for a back up to my Mark II as much as a detector that does a better job on very small chains, earrings, etc. than the Mark II.  Sometimes I'll find small stuff in holes that I dug because of a hit from a larger target, so I'm sure I'm missing some gold targets I might find with another detector made for small stuff. 

I know some other scuba detectors.  I'll hit some of them up to see if any of them has a Pulse Dive and get their opinion on it or better yet get one on loan for a try out.

On 5/3/2021 at 4:23 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

Australian QED

Due to various bad reports on QED build reliability, I do not recommend the machine, leaving only the Garrett ATX as a current 

Steve, I have to respectfully disagree with your comment on the QED. I now have about two years experience with the QED on the Outer Banks beaches, woods and field relic hunting, and gold hunting mostly in the mountains of Virginia. My personal experience has been very positive, with no failures of any kind with either of the two QEDs I now have. The performance has been nothing short of excellent and has, in some respects, surpassed that of my friends with Minelab detectors. The warranty is much better than Minelab and the cost is around $1500.00 US dollars, including shipping, (depending on the exchange rate). The availability of a variety of coils is another positive. I have tried the Garrett ATX and I much prefer the QED. Easier to gb and much quieter around power lines. They are computer printed but are way lighter than any of the other contenders you mentioned. Now if only they were waterproof. Just my experience and completely anecdotal.