107 Nuggets In One Day!

klunker

Goldbrick some how talked me into joining him at a very secret and remote spot for a detecting outing. A wise man, such as myself, should have known better. I realized how unwise my decision to join him was when, upon my arrival, I saw  that he had retained the services of a highly skilled mountain climber to lead the way in. I won't go into the details of the terrifying climb into the detecting area as It would reveal too many clues as to it's whereabouts and I have been sworn to secrecy by threat of death.

Upon arrival, the first thing I noticed was how little this place had been detected. Some of the old dig holes were as much as fifteen feet apart which implied that there could be massive areas of virgin ground.  I began detecting and immediately found my first nugget - a beautiful solid chunk. By lunch time I had several dozen more. By the end of the day I had dug a total of 107. The size of the nuggets ranged from very tiny #7 bird shot, 22cal, 38 cal, 45cal, numerous rifle slugs and as a bonus there were all of the accompanying shell casings.

The only down side to the entire outing was we had to dig an occasional bit of gold out of the way but not enough to really be a problem.

THANK YOU Merton, Ken and Ken for a great day of detecting. (A very rare thing for me in January).

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

WTG, I was going to send the schematics of a 35 tube Superhetrodetector but the bloody things weight 5lbs(schematics only), plus I don`t think you need it. On Ya.

Thanks Norvic for thinking of me but I never consider any detector, including home built, until I have read a review by S.H.

It may be of interest to some that for yesterdays hunt the 2300 and the 7000 were a pretty equal match.

Hello!
I new at this forum! I have no friends, which metal detecting for gold therefore I decided to address to you. I live in the city of Yreka, but I can't find good places yet
for metal detecting in vicinities of Klamath river. I have GPX 5000 and two excellent coils Nuget Finder 7X12  of "and 17X13" Evolution. I read your interesting story about your last travel where you found many gold nuggets. I would like to ask you, whether I can join you on your following travel for hunting for gold nugets? I am ready will share with you that gold which I will find and as a token of gratitude, I will give you a half of gold 50%. I don't see other opportunity to find new friends and will share experience. Thank you in advance for any your answer! 
Best regards Alex. 
P.S. My phone number 916-806-6837.