Opinions And Thoughts

I have been detecting for about 30 years I have used a lot of brands and machines.  I was out of detecting for about 5 years due to an injury but recently purchased a Nox 800.  

While looking for videos on the Nox I came across a video of this machine.  The videos are impressive.  So now my research begins in this machine and would appreciate any input from the folks here.  

I live in Arkansas (Ozarks) and basically hunt for civil war relics in pasture and old house sites.  In my mind I thought the stock coil would be the way to go but some are talking about how well the Beast separates in Iron. 

just asking for honest feedback you do not have a claim jumper in me.  

9452FCAB-6573-4FF9-BAA1-2CA84314188C.jpeg

• Like 5

I have been using the tarsacci for about 2 months, I live in Southeast VA, mild soil.  I sometimes hunt in the red dirt of northern VA. And thats why I wanted this machine. But was pleasantly surprised with its performance in the soft sandy soil here in my part of VA.  I dig colonial and CW,  I took the tarsacci to my old spots and was hitting some very deep brass. Small Rev war buttons at over 12 inches down. In the red dirt it was hearing the deep targets as well. I followed a friend that was using the Minelab GPX and the tarsacci was hearing the deep cw bullets as well!  I love this machine and have no regrets on buying it. I swing a DEUS as well, but the tarsacci is the one I reach for now.  The target separation is awesome!! 

• Like 5

Oh btw. I have both coils and have yet to use the stock coil.  The 12 inch coil is awesome!! 

• Like 3

Thanks Kelly I was really hoping you would chime in.  I had the Deus too at one time but never got the hang of it.  I’ve used the Xterra 70 and 705 a CTX F75.  The Xterra with the 10.5 DD coil has been the deepest machine I have used.  Bullets with ID at 14”.

I have bugged Aaron most of the day asking questions.  What kind of headphones are you using stock, aftermarket with an adapter or a wireless set of some kind. 

How difficult is setting up the machine? 

• Like 2

I have owned my Tarsacci for over a year. I also own an Equinox 600. They are very different machines with their own strengths and weaknesses. The Tarsacci is more solidly built (carbon fiber throughout), but it's over twice the cost of the Nox (a bit less if you're looking at the 800). I use the Tarsacci exclusively on the beach. It's ability to deal with changing soil conditions (or sand in this instance), is unparalleled. The Nox is better in trashy parks because of its ability to notch out some kinds of trash. Tone seperation on both are similar. Since I hunt mainly beaches (when I get the time), the Tarsacci sees the most usage. If you plan on using your MD at old sites hunting relics and items from the CW, the Tarsacci would do very well. There are YouTube videos on that. Whatever you decide, good luck and happy hunting!

• Like 3

CalReg

i am on YouTube overload watching videos on this machine.  I’m do not have the impression that one detector is a do all machine.  Each is a tool from a tack hammer to a sledge hammer. I am confident in the Xterra with the right coil being a sledge hammer but this machine may run right along with it

i have the Nox 800 now, for a few weeks, and I don’t think it has the separation that other have but hated the wrap around iron signals.  I understand just about every detector will find iron rings just part of the hobby.  Really looking for a machine to go into the iron in some sites and get the separation.  

Some places here in the creek bottoms stuff is deep from being plowed long ago but most is 8” or less.  Targets get caught in the rocks or bedrock and won’t settle past that

thanks for replying I appreciate your input 

Jim 

• Like 2

The machine is built as solid as they come.  Headphones.... i use Tony Eisenhowers which have piezos for water hunting because of the modulation.  But if i was dirt hunting id use a good pair of dirt phones with speakers.  Adjustments you may have to play with.... will be Black sand, Salt balance, and Threshold.  Everything else is pretty straight forward.  There are 4 tones.... pings and pongs... again something you may have to get used to... i did.  The screens a bit more jumpy.... but it really hits solid on a target.  Im an AM hunter so the screen nor the tones affect me.... im just after depth as a beach guy.   There is only 1 notch so disc isnt as good as say the Nox with a digit by digit disc.  I run my machine with -30 disc like Keith.... i hear everything in AM but it makes a lot of tiny iron and minerals more of a pop than a false tone and keeps the iron from wrapping around better.  Over a target i dont do a lot of fast swings.... this machine you put it on the target and barely move it.... that wiggle.   Id loved to have had this machine when i was doing old homes and field hunting.... i still remember the hot rock and null from an Explorer.  I dont comment much on dirt hunting simply because i dont do much of it now days.  However, i traveled full time for several years hunting... and used to do a lot of old parks in Indy as well as field hunting and old home sites.  Ive got a little over 2 years on the machine as a beach hunter.

• Like 4

One last question for everyone.  Does the 12” coil separate as well or nearly as well as the stock coil?

thanks to everyone that responded or at least read my original post.  

13 hours ago, JimT said:

Thanks Kelly I was really hoping you would chime in.  I had the Deus too at one time but never got the hang of it.  I’ve used the Xterra 70 and 705 a CTX F75.  The Xterra with the 10.5 DD coil has been the deepest machine I have used.  Bullets with ID at 14”.

I have bugged Aaron most of the day asking questions.  What kind of headphones are you using stock, aftermarket with an adapter or a wireless set of some kind. 

How difficult is setting up the machine? 

I am using the Garrett Z link wireless headphones. After using the deus all these years its hard to be tethered to a machine. Lol. the garretts are awesome and easy to use.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, JimT said:

One last question for everyone.  Does the 12” coil separate as well or nearly as well as the stock coil?

thanks to everyone that responded or at least read my original post.  

I can only speak for the 12 inch coil, and I was pulling colonial flat buttons left and right in the iron, it does a great job in trashy areas and iron patches. 

• Like 2