Opinions And Thoughts

13 hours ago, JimT said:

Thanks Kelly I was really hoping you would chime in.  I had the Deus too at one time but never got the hang of it.  I’ve used the Xterra 70 and 705 a CTX F75.  The Xterra with the 10.5 DD coil has been the deepest machine I have used.  Bullets with ID at 14”.

I have bugged Aaron most of the day asking questions.  What kind of headphones are you using stock, aftermarket with an adapter or a wireless set of some kind. 

How difficult is setting up the machine? 

The machine is easy to set up, GB is super easy on the tarsacci.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JimT said:

One last question for everyone.  Does the 12” coil separate as well or nearly as well as the stock coil?

thanks to everyone that responded or at least read my original post.  

For me at the beach, the 12" seemed to separate well. I did not hunt in Disc. mode.

I would think if anyone had an issue with target separation in a certain spot. They could easily switch to Disc. The Disc mode is an insanely narrow response. 

• Like 1

Midalake 

I said the same about the window in Disc is almost nothing. It sounds like every target is standing on its edge. I feel the window of detection in DISC are MIX mode shouldn’t be any different. The only difference between the two is some items will be blocked out depending on the level of discrimination.

Other than what I was referring to about I find the Tarsacci is great detector. I do wish Tarsacci would take a look at what may be a problem that can be corrected.

Chuck 

• Like 2

Mixed mode .... which isnt offered by a lot of machines does offer the best of both worlds..... locate a targets... and quickly ID it as iron or non-ferr.   You have a little advantage over me in that a good bit of the time i cant see the screen.   So mixed mode is just another button push on a fairly small button.   Personally i rarely use the PP button and wished the disc button was a bit larger especially in the winter when you might wear water gloves.  Again, i think this machine offers a lot and brings back the fun in learning it.

• Like 2

I personally use disc mode most of the time for dirt hunting, however mixed mode is really good for target sizing and easy to toggle back and for between disc. I have also discovered that mixed mode seems to be better for me for water hunting especially in iron as I find I’m getting more audio intelligence.

Aaron

• Like 2

Hello Jim

Welcome to the Tarsacci forum, and Congratulations with the nice finds you’ve made throughout your detecting career.  

Good informative information left here for you to go over, I’ll add a couple more from my experience with using the Tarsacci.  Little over two years now with using the Tarsacci, it’s my main land detector for relic hunting. Especially now, with the 12” coil it’s added more depth. Plus, The 12” coil is great in areas laced with iron.  I’ll never go back with the stock coil, 12” coil is that good. 

Has a tough language learning curve, have patience eventually it’ll all piece together. Some prefer Disc mode, others Mix mode and some All-Metal mode, I prefer Mix mode, more audio information and little more depth. 

It’s no Deus for tough iron laced sites, but the Tarsacci will hold its own in areas thick with iron.  Actually, under some conditions the Tarsacci will punch extremely deep in an iron patch getting a deep target beyond the reach of a Deus or Equniox. I still use the Deus as it has its place, had no more use for the Equniox and gave it to a friend. 

This week,  did a comparison between my GPX 5000 with 11DD coil and Tarsacci with 12” coil, soil is slightly mineralized and away from iron.  Tarsacci fared extremely well, GPX has about 1” inch more depth on high conductive coin size targets. On buried nickel’s, GPX slightly deeper about 2” inches deeper. From my experience, no other detector I’ve owned including the Equniox comes close.  

Good luck, whatever you decide plenty of Tarsacci users out there to lend you a helping hand if you decide to purchase the Tarsacci.

Paul

• Like 5

Paul 

Thank you and everyone that has responded.  I will pull the trigger on this machine in the coming days.  Learning a new machine is fun and sometimes frustrating but that is part of the game

An idea for some of the more experienced and creative folks in the group.  I have been thinking of laminated flash cards that you could take to the field.  Nothing specific because everyone’s soil and conditions will be different 

Just basic functions and how to reach them and use them 

For instance Salinity how to get to it then how to use it.

Black sand how to get to it and how to use it.  

you get the idea.  I have watched just about every video out there, however watching in the field or trying to retain that in the field until the functions are learned would be beneficial to new users. Might be a way for someone to make a little $$$$$

Thanks again all.  I think I will really enjoy this machine 

HH 

Jim 

• Like 2

Hey Jim,

I’m the same way with learning, always looking for ways to imbed things into my mind. I’m a visual type person. Maybe you watched my video on setting the salinity balance. I used a card showing all the frequencies and a good ballpark salinity balance setting. I used to carry it with me until it was locked in my memory. That was the only thing I needed, the rest is pretty easy. The TARSACCI is a lot easier to run than you think. I think I told you on the phone or someone else, the TARSACCI controls and settings are about as easy as you’ll find. There’s no sub menus and dozens of different settings that have you left wondering if your setting it up wrong. The most challenging part of learning the TARSACCI was its audio language, and like I tell everyone, after around 20hrs, I was good to go. From what I’m seeing, it’s the relic hunters who hunt in iron (especially those in the UK) who catch on to the TARSACCI the quickest. Also, people who have pulse induction experience. Those of us who started using the machine 2yrs ago had more difficult time as there were very few users and very little info and the videos that were posted weren’t much help either!

HH!

Aaron

https://forums.tarsaccisales.com

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JimT said:

An idea for some of the more experienced and creative folks in the group.  I have been thinking of laminated flash cards that you could take to the field.  Nothing specific because everyone’s soil and conditions will be different 

Remember the flash card on frequency change!  I forgot out on the beach and wanted to try a different frequency. 😁

• Like 1

AMAN to the first of us having a learning curve Aaron.  I think i even surprised Tom when i said .... it doesnt appear 12 and 18khz are going to be as effective as the lower khz IN the deeper salt water...... because the SB seemed to change the deeper you went out there.   One thing that throw me initially also was .... the machine only gave you so long to make that adjustment before it switched back to hunt mode.   Id be fiddling and realize .... ops no changes were being made.  You may sell a few of those cards..... but after a few hunts out there you wont need them.  Again, like Aaron said its a real KISS machine getting around the settings.

• Like 1