My Walco Pick Finally Arrived!

GS,
 I mailed a letter from Alberta to Phoenix area that took 2 weeks, so all things considered a month from OZ ain’t too bad.  Be careful with that bad boy pick.  Wouldn’t want to trip and fall on the pointy end.  

• Haha 1

Really easy to get one from Lucky Strike Gold Prospecting.

Hey Reese,

The Walco's are awesome picks.  I sold hundreds of them here in the US many years ago when Doc (Doc's Detecting Supply) was the US Distributor.  However, not getting into any details, but there was a parting of ways and no US Distributor after that.  

They were a little pricey back then, but are well built and worth it.  That being said, all picks are expensive today, Apex and other brands can run into the low $100 range for the larger picks.

Rob

• Like 2

For sure! Sure wish someone would carry them here in the states again.

• Like 1

Love my walco picks,first thing I do is sand back the handle and oil with outdoor furniture oil,stops the handle from splintering when dropped and just dents instead,look after the handle it will look after you

Hey Reese,

Ya, I'm sure they would sell well, but the price of steel and material in general has jumped.  It's funny, people will spend up to $8000 or more for a detector and accessories, but bitch about a high quality $100+ pick.  

I have high quality picks sitting in the garage that are an easy 10+ years old, well worth the investment and all the gold they dug out of the ground.  

If you're going to purchase a high dollar metal detector, don't go cheap on all of your other gear that is just as essential. 

Rob

• Like 8

Quote.....Ya, I'm sure they would sell well, but the price of steel and material in general has jumped.  It's funny, people will spend up to $8000 or more for a detector and accessories, but bitch about a high quality $100+ pick. 

And yet they are not happy with the selecting the pick that is only $25 dollars less expensive, as you say their total investment is $10,000 plus a very small saving in the overall  cost.

I like this style of pick, see below, my pick is made out of a Plow disc (super strong and thin),  On my pick I have welded a Gal Tube 600mm long to the head and flattened the handle to an oval and taped it up. The pick is carried on my Back on my Z harness  above the V  see below for the carrier…( but without the fabric attachment)

Pick Holder

https://www.bunnings.com.au/toughbuilt-modular-hammer-loop_p5820995

Off the shelf purchase in Oz, US? ( Longer/ bigger picks are available)

https://www.gold-diggers.com.au/cc-picks-faith

and

https://www.gold-diggers.com.au/cc-picks-discoverer

( no commercial involvement with  this company or manufacturer)