My Walco Pick Finally Arrived!

Hey Guys,

Calvin Bunker, a good friend, made great - lightweight picks.  He made the Hermit and Burro, I sold hundreds of each.  There were reasonably priced and worked well.  The problem today is the high priced picks, but then again it reflects what materials cost today, steel and wood.  

Rob

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rob Allison said:

Hey Guys,

Calvin Bunker, a good friend, made great - lightweight picks.  He made the Hermit and Burro, I sold hundreds of each.  There were reasonably priced and worked well.  The problem today is the high priced picks, but then again it reflects what materials cost today, steel and wood.  

Rob

Is he still making them? Would love to have a Hermit. Haven't seen them anywhere.

Hey Gold Catcher,

I used to be one of Bunk's top sellers for both of his picks.  Believe it or not, he got so busy with pick sales, he was struggling making all the picks himself.  I think there is a chance if you contact Bunk he could make a pick for you.  However, don't quote me on this, but here is his contact info -

http://www.bunknteri.com/

Rob

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Doc said:

You waited 12 years, when all you had to do was call me!

You never know what I have sitting on my shelves until you ask.

Doc

I've seen pictures of your warehouse and many years ago I was on my way to Rye Patch and when I was going over the hoover dam I remembered that I left my battery on the kitchen table which was almost 6 hours away so I found your shop when you were still in Vegas and was very lucky that your employee was still working.  The shop was closed but he hooked me up and I couldn't believe how much you had in stock.

You were the guy for Walco and coiltek back in the day.

I'm still the guy.  😆  I just don't carry Coiltek anymore.  I still have a few WALCO picks, and I have my own brand of pick,  However, it's not like the old Serial Killer pick I designed for WALCO.

This is my Nugget Stalker Pick.
20191119_132025.thumb.jpg.493acf198f6ba29b8174fb81389e73ad.jpg

I still have a few WALCO picks left I think.

Doc

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Doc said:

I'm still the guy.  😆  I just don't carry Coiltek anymore.  I still have a few WALCO picks, and I have my own brand of pick,  However, it's not like the old Serial Killer pick I designed for WALCO.

This is my Nugget Stalker Pick.
20191119_132025.thumb.jpg.493acf198f6ba29b8174fb81389e73ad.jpg

I still have a few WALCO picks left I think.

Doc

This is an awesome pick and I can highly recommend it to everyone. It also comes with an optional super magnet screwed in. Best pick I have used thus far!

• Confused 1

• 5 months later...
On 5/5/2021 at 5:32 AM, Goldseeker5000 said:

I have been wanting a Walco pick for the last 12 years now and have had a hell of a time getting my hands on one. Last month I contacted Lucky Strike Gold Prospecting in Geelong Australia 🦘 and to my surprise, Justin said yes we will ship to the United States. He had the Solid Swinger handle and he had the Walco heavy duty pick with a 29" handle. It has taken a month for them to get here. This pick has a very well balanced pick head with plenty of length on the hoe blade to sink deep along the edges of a hole to widen it as you  have to go deeper.  I my opinion, and this is just my opinion but Apex picks just don't have the details figured out. They told me they refuse to lengthen the hoe blade. I told them then I won't buy an Apex pick. This Waco pick is light weight but still feels like it has enough weight to sink the pick deeply into the ground. Pick end and the hoe end. I'm impressed with this pick for sure. The Solid Swinger handle is awesome as well. Now I don't have to worry about breaking a handle when I am swinging that big 25" NF DDX coil. Hahaha 😁. Justin with Lucky Strike provided great customer service. I would highly recommend them.  Can't say I am too impressed with both the USPS and Australia Post on the shipping end of a month long.

IMG_20210504_101828317_HDR_copy_768x1024.jpg

IMG_20210504_101521677_HDR_copy_768x1024.jpg

Screenshot_20210504-102228_copy_180x380.png

IMG_20210504_101459380_HDR_copy_768x1024.jpg

IMG_20210504_121205851_copy_768x1024.jpg

IMG_20210504_121158706_copy_768x1024.jpg

Hi mate, Justin here from Lucky Strike Gold! G'day from Geelong   😁, Fancy seeing this here. Sorry the reply is a bit late - I'm glad to see you like the pick and that it arrived safely with the handle in the end, I remember there was a bit of a delay at one stage. Don't hesitate to get back in touch if you're chasing anything else. 

• Like 1

Nice to hear from you Justin, the pick is working out very well. Very nice weight, well balanced, diggs like a badger. Down the road here come summer, I will be getting back ahold of you to purchase another walco for a backup. Do they make them with a longer handle? I think mine is a 28" or 29". The solid swinger handle is amazing to swing with.

IMG_20211029_100341438_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211105_080946798_HDR.jpg