Nokta/Makro Gold Finder 2000

A "new", easier to operate, gold probability scale 61 kHz nugget prospecting detector using the Anfibio platform from Nokta Makro. I did not see this coming......

https://www.noktadetectors.com/metal-detector/gold-finder-2000/

nokta-makro-gold-finder-2000.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Both the Gold Kruzer and Gold Racer have ferrous/non ferrous break at 40 I think. That sounds about right for the GF 2000. 

I won't say which detector this reminds me off because of forum rules but it is obvious even in the name. At first I kind of thought it was a prank or late April Fools joke...........  

My biggest beef with the Gold Racer and Gold Kruzer was a lack of easy to perform single target ID digit discrimination/notching in any mode and that they were running too hot for many of the places I gold prospect so I had to set the gain on extremely low settings to prevent overloading the coil. The advertisement lingo says this will find very deep gold nuggets other detectors will miss and it works in the toughest soils............ I wonder if that is remotely true. Not bashing here just my experience. I guess I am really spoiled and lucky to be using a different detector with those features.

I am a huge fan of Nokta Makro and still look forward to their SMF detector.  I can definitely see this detector being used for gold prospecting. Any other usage...............I wouldn't want to do it. 

• Like 4

It is an interesting read.

It's not waterproof, only rain proof and price tag too close to the Nox.

1 minute ago, kac said:

It's actually too close to the detector I'm not mentioning that rhymes with GF 2000 which is its direct competition.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jeff McClendon said:

It's actually too close to the detector I'm not mentioning that rhymes with GF 2000 which is its direct competition.

But isn't that other detector a pi?

6 minutes ago, kac said:

The coils say waterproof.

What 'rule' says you can't mention it?

• Like 1

This is the Nokta Makro forum............If I want to do a comparison with another brand it needs to be in the comparison forum. I have been called on that several times.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• The title was changed to Nokta/Makro Gold Finder 2000