Nokta/Makro Gold Finder 2000

Oh ... even just the name mention?

Looks like the took the Mixed mode from my Impact, linked the STA mode display feature with the GEN mode motion all metal with a fixed threshold, fixed I SAT, fixed iron disc....probably at either 25 or 10 out of 40 and a fixed tone.

Probably targeting the Gold Monster market share arena.

HH
Mike

• Like 3

You can mention names - lets not get silly. If you do not like Nokta/Makro product, this is not your forum, and if the idea is to criticize in depth we have a forum specifically for that.

I do not see why the concept of manufacturer forums is so difficult. They are fan club forums for the fans, to discuss their favorite brand without getting trolled by people who favor other brands. Imagine this is the Chevy Forum. A Ford owner shows up and says Chevy sucks, buy Ford. That's the kind of stuff we are avoiding. The idea is to reduce conflict, that's all, not to be draconian and forbid words. Use common sense people. 

If the idea is to discuss NokMak product, this is the place. If the idea is to compare it unfavorably to other brands, use the Comparisons Forum.

• Like 5

Looks like a revamp of the very short lived TMD-101 (did you even notice it?), refashioning it more into a nugget detector by boosting the frequency from 14 kHz to the Gold Kruzer 61 kHz. The display is kind of neat for simple ferrous/non-ferrous digging.

Current nugget lineup:

nokta-makro-gold-detectors.jpg

• Like 3

I didn't think it could be such ... just wondered.

4 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Use common sense people. 

I guess I really may need some GEO Sense.   

The GF 2000 looks like a great gold prospecting VLF for anyone who just wants a simplified Gold Kruzer with just ferrous/non-ferrous probability in a solid package with the excellent Anfibio retractable shaft system.

I never paid any attention to the TMD-101. If it had been 20+ kHz it might have got my attention........

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 5 months later...
On 5/5/2021 at 11:54 AM, Mike_Hillis said:

That is a nice simple little unit.   Wonder where the iron break is set in relation to the Gold Racer/Gold Kruzer.   Wonder why I would want to pick it over the Gold Kruzer?

You wouldn't.  I don't believe this is a replacement for current Nokta Makro products.  It looks to be a SERIOUS competitor to the Minelab Gold Monster 1000.

Walt

I'd love to hear from someone who's bought this detector and can give a bit of a review on it, it seems like it'd do the job well.  I wonder if it has bump sensitive coils.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I am writing up a beginners guide to gold prospecting with a metal detector and I feel compelled to include this in the IB-VLF recommended section....but I can't speak to anyone who's used one. The high frequency Kruzer and Racer, yes.....but not the GF2000. Looks pretty good and going by its predecessors it SHOULD be good. But thats not the same as hearing from a user. I've trialed the Gold Kruzer and the AU Gold Finder, both of which are very capable so I'd imagine this is in the same league???? Anyone????

I've been trying to find information on it for some time from users, and i can find virtually nothing. 

It was obviously a bit of an attack on the competition with emulating the name, and screen configuration and ease of use.    Gold Finder 2000 almost acting like it's the version 2 of the other detector, almost something like the Chinese counterfeiters would do and I find it a bit disappointing Nokta would take this approach.  It's also going to add some name confusion as the Chinese counterfeiters already have a Gold Finder GF2 metal detector (T2 Clone).

Even on Youtube there is virtually nothing on it, The Hunter GT which I believe is a Nokta dealer does a little bit of a review on it although he doesn't seem to be much of a gold prospector so a review from a dealer combined with not even being a regular prospector doesn't make for a good review.  His focus is doing coin air tests with it and not even one gold nugget test.    It was a pre-release detector too so obviously supplied from Nokta for the purpose of a review.   Not really worth watching but here's a link if you have time to waste, at least it shows the detector turned on although the back-light seems to not have a way to turn it off which is a bit weird.

It look like they've been targeting the African market a bit with it as most videos related to it on Youtube are African dealers, which I guess makes sense following the competitions lead with making simple to use fully automatic detectors for the African market also. 

Most the African dealer videos are just promo videos inside the store but this dealer takes it out into the field, interesting he puts a plastic bag over the coil so he can likely box the detector back up and sell it as new 🙂

The African dealers statement is typical of some dealers too, he doesn't sell the other brand of course so it can't be any good, he sells Nokta, XP, some OKM things that also look to include those long range detectors and the Garrett ATX.

"The Gold Finder 2000 (GF2000) is the #1 GOLD DETECTOR for Zimbabwe, Zambia & Africa! The GF2000 is not a monster, it's a BEAST! Better, Deeper, Faster, Easier and Cheaper! DO NOT PAY MORE FOR LESS."

The interesting thing about this video is he passes it over to one of the African locals for a turn and they show the area they're working and there must be 100 of them in a tiny area, not a metal detector in sight, they're all using shovels.

• Like 3