Nokta/Makro Gold Finder 2000

Yes, quite an amateurish effort compared to what Minelab do in the M/E or African market. I think NM need to upgrade their promotional efforts now that they've 'modernized' the detector they want to sell. But, the previous iterations of this detector are really quite good and I can only imagine that the current 'GF2000' is the same in performance. But, nuthin beats actual in-field testimony....

• Like 1

Yea, I'd be surprised if it's not decent, Notka seem to have single frequency detectors performance about as good as any other brand.

I'd like to hear a bit of a review from a general everyday user that's a skilled prospector though rather than a dealer.  Nothing against dealers, someones gotta sell the stuff and they'd not sell much product if they say the products they're trying to sell are not as good and go buy this other brand elsewhere 🙂

Sadly it doesn't seem like it's going to happen though, it's been out for a while now and nobody is talking about it.   It has potential, I guess when it's just another VLF gold detector everyone already has one they're happy enough with not to bother buying another.  I would guess if you've used a Gold Kruzer you already know the performance of the Gold Finder 2000.... both 61kHz, one just lets you adjust settings manually more so than the other.

Nokta have discontinued their other gold detectors leaving only these two, interesting the Gold Kruzer is cheaper than the GM1000, I mean GF2000 🙂 even though the Kruzer has more features and waterproof

859859337_Noktagolddetectors.jpg.45dbe84a832131e1b0fc5e8754606ef5.jpg

Out of the two I'd rather the Kruzer, I even prefer it's shaft.

It's a shame Nel don't make Kruzer coils or GF2000 coils, they only made discontinued Gold Racer coils, and when I asked they have no plans to make Kruzer coils, I think something is up with Nokta and Nel, they seem to no longer be making Nel coils for new Nokta models.  That's a bit of an issue for me, and I'd prefer detectors with aftermarket coil options.

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Nokta/Makro Gold Finder 2000
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/22/2021 at 10:32 AM, phrunt said:

I'd love to hear from someone who's bought this detector and can give a bit of a review on it, it seems like it'd do the job well.  I wonder if it has bump sensitive coils.

I'm hoping to take it to Northern & Southern California towards the end of next month for a test run.  I'll post my thoughts afterward.

Thanks!

Walt

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Single frequency VLF is tapped out. Anything “new” is just old tech in a new box. In some ways nothing much has changed since the 71 kHz Gold Bug 2 and 50 kHz Goldmaster II came out. Either of those old models can generally keep up with the latest and greatest in capable hands. It’s really just been new decals and paint jobs for almost 30 years. My 24K is probably the last single frequency nugget detector I’ll ever get.

The future for VLF is multi, and I’m quite curious to see how the Legend ends up doing on nuggets.

• Like 4