Gold Detecting In The Philippines

Does anyone on here know anything about the laws regarding detecting for gold in the Philippines? I know gold has been found all over the Islands and sits #2 in the world for gold reserves. I would like to know about requirements, permits,where to contact for any Geological/Gold maps or production journals,are you allowed to keep the gold,  staking a claim in the Philippines, regions that produced nuggets, etc... I know of one area that produced nuggets and it was placer.

2nd'ed. It's a place I am also curious about prospecting. The USGS actually has some decent basic info on Philippine geology along with some mines and mineral resource data. As a starting point anyways.

What I'm finding as I'm making an effort to meet people around the world in places that seem interesting to travel to or prospect is that even if you get the laws sorted out, it's really difficult to actually go prospecting in any way remotely resembling what we do here where you can wander and explore around freely. Especially in these smaller countries where there aren't vast amounts of empty, public land. 

• Like 2

I read today that the Philippine government is trying to boost their economy by encouraging mineral exploration and mining. I read they are making it top priority, because of the pandemic. I know foreigners cannot own land in the Philippines. I am really curious as to foreigners can possess a mining claim or how that all works there. I am seriously thinking about going there in a couple years or maybe less to give it a try if I am able to sort out all the laws and details of doing so. Isn't it fairly close to Australia as well?

Here is a little I found out to start

Screenshot_20210505-124546.png

Guess what--- the filipinos have read that too----

I guessing if you were in the mountains detecting gold everything would go just fine until you found gold---- then someone would take your detector and probably your life---- but they would be happy you showed them where to look because they are a happy people. 

Seriously, anywhere in the PI would be a chore to figure out how to detect--- but I would like to watch how you progress. 

It may be safer to go to the Sudan .....

Sorry to be so negative...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

No worries Paul. It's all good. I'm just trying to find out if it is possible and if it would be even remotely worth the experience. It wouldn't be the only reason to spend time in the Philippines. There is lots to do there.

I have a buddy who goes every year. He is trying to talk me into going there. You have a point in that if foreigners were allowed to detect there, it could and probably would be difficult if not impossible trying to get to some areas. Do they have alot of poisonous snakes there Paul?

• Like 1

Ok, so I just looked it up and they have 6 poisonous snakes in the Philippines, 4 of them are cobra's. So that is enough to make me bow out of this idea.

• Haha 2

Hahahahaha-- them cobras wont hurt you man---🤠

if you are worried about snakes and spiders and jellyfish, and centipedes and sharks and saltwater crocodiles and about anything other deadly things be wary of Australia --- its a death trap!!!! 😇

Right Taskmaster ??????

• Haha 3