Well. What a revelation these things are 🙂

Wow. Pair beautifully to the 6000 and the audio seems clearer than the inbuilt speaker.

Nice to have speakers below the ears. Could turn volume down on 6000 and get a nice smooth threshold.

Nice and secure around neck. Forget valcro idea, dont need it.

Minelab, if you are reading, get a deal going with Advantree stat! 🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Has anyone tried pairing up the Avantree Torus to a Nox 800..??? I just ordered an 800 from Rob, while I wait for my 6000. I don't really care for my 3030 so if anyone close by is interested, lemme know.

25 minutes ago, Purplehays69 said:

Has anyone tried pairing up the Avantree Torus to a Nox 800..??? I just ordered an 800 from Rob, while I wait for my 6000. I don't really care for my 3030 so if anyone close by is interested, lemme know.

Yep.  Works great with Nox in true low latency.  I love it both as a local speaker and with the earbuds.  Great tone from iron to high conductors.  Plenty of battery capacity to last all day, easily.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

One thing though on Torus - despite high build quality and aesthetics, it appears to have zero tolerance for moisture or sweat.  So no exposure to rain or excessive sweating is advised.  I have ordered a less expensive (1/3 the price) but more sports oriented sweatproof IPX7 device with similar features but it appears to be APTX-HD only and not APTX-LL.  Figure if it turns out to not be APTX-LL, I can at least use it for running and workouts while still maintaining awareness of my surroundings.  I'll post a review here yay or nay once I've had a chance to test it out.  Hoping the cheaper unit is electronically identical to Torus but with a utilitarian external design and perhaps lower fidelity external speakers.  We'll see.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

(The Avantree Torus) appears to have zero tolerance for moisture or sweat.

Let me get this straight.  It sits on your shoulders (around your neck) and can't handle perspiration??  Can it be supported on top of a hat brim?

3 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Let me get this straight.  It sits on your shoulders (around your neck) and can't handle perspiration??  Can it be supported on top of a hat brim?

Chuck - the reason is that the Torus product is primarily designed to project wireless audio for TV and music listening while at home (think sedentary couch potato).  It is pretty bulky/weighty for all but the most stout hat brims, preferably worn by someone who doesn't care what others think of their appearance (which is basically a prerequisite for most metal detectorists anyway, I suppose).  Also wearing on your hat is less optimal positioning for the external speakers whose audio fidelity is enhanced by the way the speakers are positioned to direct sound upward and inward towards your ears.

My detecting nickname is Sweathog T. Swampbutt, but I managed to wear it all day detecting in 75-80 degree weather without ruining it.  Had a mask gaiter worn around my neck in the event of infected zombie encounters so I suppose that helped to limit perspiration from getting on the thing.  Torus sits more on my shoulders rather than snugging up to my pencil neck so it was mainly protected by my neck Gaiter and shirt.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Tis a concern if sweat/dust get to them that will bugger their reliability, Chase be keen to see how the ones you`ve got coming go.

• Like 1

The "knock off" brand is a no go for detecting - pairs with the Nox but does not pair up with the Nox as APTX-LL, unfortunately.  Beside the latency issue, cheaper build quality and tighter neck fit (though supposedly water resistant) and the loudspeaker speaker fidelity is tinny compared to the full spectrum fidelity of the Avantree Torus.  The ear bud fidelity is top notch, though, probably due to the APTX-HD codec.  Bottom line: I do not recommend the Bluenin BlueWave Pro 1  two-in-one neckband speaker/headphones for detecting but decent headphone fidelity for listening to music or making phone calls during workouts or non-detecting outdoor activities.

• Like 2

On 5/16/2021 at 10:56 AM, Chase Goldman said:

Also wearing on your hat is less optimal positioning for the external speakers whose audio fidelity is enhanced by the way the speakers are positioned to direct sound upward and inward towards your ears.

Could you point it downwards if you put it on the brim of a hat or on your head?