19 minutes ago, Norvic said:

Trust GC your 6K troubles are small, suggest a light wipe with a wee methylated spirit on battery conxs. now and again , even the Z requires this on occasions but not as often (GPS, Hand-held radios etc also) remember the SDC C cells, dust being the culprit I suspect.

Thanks, Norvic. Good advice. And I am not worried at all. Every tech has some minor issues every now and then and needs some wiping/cleaning (unless Mars rover I guess......). But right after the restart I found a little 0.7g picker. I guess the machine wanted to say sorry and made up for it. I might like these faults...😁

GC

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well Avantree Support was very good, they contacted me back in the time frame they said they would, unfortunately they can't fix the crackling popping sounds when connected with aptX LL.  Some people may not even notice them I'm just very fussy with audio, the crackling sounds drive me crazy.

Here was their reply.

_09B556CBD91C4FBC9A10FACB98929ADBB40D4FFA1EE764AF02_pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.png

Sara (Avantree Support)

Jun 14, 2022, 22:42 PDT

Hi Simon,

Sorry to let you waiting a long time. We are so sorry that we still can't fix this now. We'd love to to make a part refund for you if you will keep the Torus. If that is OK for you, please provide us your order No.

Or you could return it to amazon if you don't want to keep it.

Apology again for such a case.

Take Care!

Sara
Avantree Support

=========================
Find Your Product's Video Guides, Troubleshooting Tips, FAQs or Simply Book a Call

Not happy? Escalate to T2 Support

I'll just keep the things and use them for something else, hopefully they come out with a firmware update in the future to improve the aptX LL support on them, I previously asked if it was just my ones doing it and they said no it is a known problem.  Their tech support is very good and they're obviously honest not trying to hide the problem, I guess they knew replacing them for me wasn't going to resolve it.

They have awesome sound quality when connected with other codecs, it's just aptX Low Latency that has the problem.   So if anyone's thinking of buying them for their 6000 it's something to be aware of, as I said on a noisy threshold like the GPX 6000 some may not even notice it so much and it just blend in as part of the threshold.  For me I'd rather use the headphones and I hate headphones.

They may have been pulled for sale from Amazon Australia, it seems yesterday they went to out of stock and not sure if they're coming back again, they were sold on Amazon direct from Avantree.

https://www.amazon.com.au/Avantree-Wearable-Wireless-Bluetooth-Retractable/dp/B07Y56W9XQ

Avantree have agreed to giving me a reasonable partial refund if I will keep them so I've accepted their offer.

• 4 months later...

These are now redundant, EMI speaker fix and throw the Avantree in the bin.

I also agree, you can't get your neck anywhere near the coil so unless you're a Giraffe they're pretty useless.

2 minutes ago, phrunt said:

These are now redundant, EMI speaker fix and throw the Avantree in the bin.

I also agree, you can't get your neck anywhere near the coil so unless you're a Giraffe they're pretty useless.

Simon - I’ve had the speaker fix, just wanted something a bit more comfortable for the Aussie summer when the winds up and speaker can be difficult to hear with the fly sh$t. Strange that others can’t speak highly enough with the 6. Must have 2m arms 😱

• Haha 1

The problem is at our age we can get down on our hands and knees to recover targets quickly meaning our neck gets closer to the coil without needing someone to assist us to get back up. 😄  I admit though, I do get teased by the wife for grunting like an old man when I get back up, my time is coming so I shouldn't get too lippy! 🙂

I think Jw can attest to that, I think I grunt louder than he does when we get up after lunch after a hard mornings detecting. 😛

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 11 months later...