My (detecting) Ship Will Soon Come In

The son of my wife’s Besty  just bought an uber historical house on an Uber historic 4-acre piece of land in Connecticut. I won’t mention the town yet but it checks every possible box for detecting dream   
    House built 1734, an acre of home front. Plowed field adjacent, and woods on one side.  Documented history took place there.  
    I have to wait till he’s settled so early July. I’ll take the time to research and plan. The owner wants to do some detecting with me otherwise the deal is I can keep what I find - but split any high value find if any. 
anything historically important will be donated to the historical society. 
we will go for weekends as it’s couple hours away. 
I’ll be using the Orx and Deus lite with all coils plus the Equinox with 11” and ( by then )10” x 5” coiltek 

CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!

• Like 7

On 5/6/2021 at 6:01 AM, relicmeister said:

The son of my wife’s Besty  just bought an uber historical house on an Uber historic 4-acre piece of land in Connecticut. ...It checks every possible box for detecting dream.  House built 1734, an acre of home front. Plowed field adjacent, and woods on one side.  Documented history took place there.

Wow, I didn't realize Uber has gotten into real estate!  :biggrin:

Sounds like a fantasitic opportunity.  'Besty' or not, as much as it seems this shouldn't be necessary, IMO you should strongly consider putting in writing what happens with the finds, including what 'high value' means and also how that value is determined.  If "the thrill of the hunt" is the only thing you care about, then OK.

I have a similar opportunity I plan to be able to work on at the end of this summer.  I hope we both get the chances to show our discoveries (here on the forum) before the year is out, no matter how modest.

• Like 4

• The title was changed to My (detecting) Ship Will Soon Come In