Wanted: Gently Used Equinox 800 - May Have Found One.

Posted (edited)

(Pause - may have found one locally - checking it out on Monday) Looking for a used Equinox 800. Thinking it's time for an upgrade and thought I would check here first. It has been awhile since I had used my Sovereign XS-2 Pro and when I pulled it out I found that the cable sheaths on my 10" and 8"  tornado coils had cracked and exposed the internal wires. Took it to a park and the coils still work but for how long? Also had forgotten what a poorly balanced heavy beast it is (I'm getting old). Still a great detector, upgraded with the 180 meter, so any suggestions on how to fix/replace the cables would also be appreciated.

Thanks

Bill

Edited by GeoBill
update
  • GeoBill changed the title to Wanted: Gently Used Equinox 800 - May Have Found One.

• Similar Content

• By Kelpike
      Does anyone have an Aryca case they would like to sell? I am looking for WS12B, WS13B, or WS17B.
    • By bklein
      I’d like to get a damaged equinox coil to try and connect the pcb to a homemade Bigfoot coil. Just succeeding with a Bigfoot coil is hard, digging into a bad coil and making connections to the pcb even harder. So looking for something almost free but I pay shipping. Pcb has to be good so must have been good before you ran your truck over it….
    • By Kelpike
      My cousin gave me a non working Whites BeachHunter 300 which was his fathers (my uncle obviously) who has passed away. I sent it out to get it repaired and it needs a circuit board. So I am looking for a damaged BeachHunter or ID that still has a good circuit board. 
    • By Lobo Exp
      I am looking someone that has extra or used coils that are still in decent condition. I am trying to build a detector from one of the Russian boards and will be needing a coil first for testing and later if the detector works, for hunting. It needs to be tuned to 17 to 18khz to work.  The coils for Tejons, Vaquero and Cibola and maybe other Tesoro models will function. I don't know that much about the models Tesoro sold and there doesn't seem to be much info on the net about such details. Coils seem to be hard to find for these units also. I have been searching and not finding much. I found one used Lobo with all the pieces on an auction but it found a home before I could make a run at it.  I looked at some non branded coils also but there wasn't enough info about them to determine if they would be suitable. 
    • By Bill (S. CA)
      Hi everyone.  My name is Bill Paxton and I write frequently for Western and Eastern Treasures magazine.  I'm working on a new article called "Detecting By the Decades" that is about how detecting has changed from the 1960's until now.  As part of this article, for each decade I am going to focus on a machine that, in its day, was considered one of the top ones to use.  I've got almost every decade covered with machines I or my friends own and a few oldies that I have picked up.  I am having trouble finding one, that being the Fisher 1260 series of detector.   What I'm looking for is a working 1260-X (my first preference), 1265-X or 1266-X to purchase for the article.   Since the magazine doesn't cover purchases for the article I am paying out of my own pocket.  I'm looking for a "wall hanging/back of a dusty closet" price in the $25.00 - $50.00 range and I would cover shipping.  If anyone has one of these detectors they would part with please let me know.  I'd be happy to make mention of the previous owner in the article and include a picture no problem.
      Thanks for giving my request a look and feel free to message me if you either have one of these detectors or know where I might find one.
      Many thanks.
      Bill
    • By cobill
      Looking for a good condition Doc's Gold Screamer Power package for my GPX 5000. Let me know if you have one to sell.
      Bill
      l