I saw this video when it first came out.  I advise looking at things with a bit of skepticism. For one, I remember reading in the comments the SDC was on max gain. It was at its very maxed settings while the other 2 machines were not. Easy to miss important details with the Minelab flags flapping in the background. 😁

so---- even if it was -do you think the idea was to sell 2300's?????

I doubt that.... 

And who didnt know that the ZED will go deeper than the stock 2300 coil...????

But she performed pretty dang well with the big dogs... that was obvious...

I have a 2300 and wouldnt have given it that much cred..

Till now---

And of course, in this video  the 6000 just put the old lion out to pasture !!!! bam!

The 6000's audios responses were way nicer than the ZEDS.... 

I will say it again--time will tell ---

(but it may be time Taskmaster!!!!!)😉

I really liked the clarity of the 6000's target response--- there was no denying it---DIG!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vanursepaul said:

so---- even if it was -do you think the idea was to sell 2300's?????

I doubt that.... 

And who didnt know that the ZED will go deeper than the stock 2300 coil...????

But she performed pretty dang well with the big dogs... that was obvious...

I have a 2300 and wouldnt have given it that much cred..

Till now---

And of course, in this video  the 6000 just put the old lion out to pasture !!!! bam!

The 6000's audios responses were way nicer than the ZEDS.... 

I will say it again--time will tell ---

(but it may be time Taskmaster!!!!!)😉

I really liked the clarity of the 6000's target response--- there was no denying it---DIG!!!!!

Paul, I was surprised too, all I can say is I never really gave it a fair chance and after seeing that I should have, damn... perfect hand down for my son he travels a lot and backpacks and is already making plans, lol. I’m happy it’s got some punch.

The audio response was pretty impressive I’ve seen enough to become a believer, sure you can doubt the performance claims if you want maybe someplace someone likes to sell detectors... nothing wrong there, I like buying them I guess, lol as long as they’re good. The thing you can’t doubt is the credibility of the friends we know here. the money saved on good advise far outweighs the money spent... ha, lol maybe not, but you get my point, Thanks Steve and everyone for sharing so freely.

I still think my Z has a place with a large x coil, I think... 

• Like 2

True-- i think i have had them all since the 2200--except the 4500 and the 4800--

and a lot of other ones like makro, GB II, 705. 800 x 2, 600, CTX3030, --

i liked the sound of the 6000 on those targets. So of course I will have to get one--- as soon as they open OZ back up-- 

• Like 2

I will try to remain calm. I might even drink a few shots of volatile / flammable liquid before I complete this post.

Any detector will perform beyond it's normal use over a known, planted target. If any detector manufacturer wants to send me 3 detectors and a fancy banner for the background I will give them what ever results they want. I want to see how these three detectors compared searching for a natural in place nugget. Each of these detectors will be shown to have its' own place in the real world.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

I owned an SDC 2300 for long enough to find out that running it a max gain and full threshold never happened in my world.........so a re-test with all of the detectors on similar 2/3rds of max gain might tell a different story.

• Like 7

Rebury tests in mild ground are not very different than undisturbed tests in my experience. I've done a ton of them on a lot of different detectors and never seen a real noticable difference in a place like Gold Basin or Quartzsite. 

It's when the ground gets bad and you get pockets of iron oxides or salts that get redistributed differently during rebury that the effects become real noticeable from my experience. But there is a ton of mild ground in the US, so I see value in those tests still, because they represent a bulk of my (and many other people's) detecting.

The lack of settings detail/definition on 1 or all of the machines makes a lot of these recent comparison vids involving the 6000 not very valuable to me personally since we have no idea if we are comparing apples to apples or oranges. That and everything running in Difficult mostly, while not showing if the ground is hot enough to even require it.

I think there is good value in rebury tests and even air tests - to find absolute maximums. And then additionally, tests on undisturbed nuggets in hot or salty ground. Two different tests, two different valuable pieces of data.

• Like 8

Klunker cheers, gambai, a toast to inebriation, booze and free detectors... yes of course if you want to insert a dose of reality in our fantasy of opening up old patches with new and improved technology, well yes then what you say is true enough and I would never think of casting a shadow of doubt on your wisdom I frame it instead in my book of prospecting, 😀.

this is not an unfamiliar path, “deja vu all over again,” to quote, Pre order on the 7000 with no regrets with one exception I missed the first two years from lack of experience, the GPZ changed the landscape a lot a first if you had a clue what you were doing and where to look, I didn’t. Things have changed 6 years of persistence my techniques improved and I’ve banked a list of places to hunt. I don’t think It’s the same thing the same way expecting different results, a preponderance of the evidence says guilty as charged GPX6000 caught red handed signaling targets and finding tiny gold missed by the GPZ, sentencing to include several years banging around in the back of my Jeep and having your skid plate molested on rocks constantly.

So I guess for me the performance of the 2300 was interesting and I’d rather see it showing it’s stuff maxed out most all the time mine ran OK at max, I’d have preferred to see the 7000 set the same way to that’s how I’m running it and the difference between them what I’m after whatever the conditions. Take that with all the other real world shots of the 6000 in action and a pretty clear picture begins to develop and that picture looks like a pile of little gold nuggets that we’ve been walking over, at least that’s what the gambles about, lol.

don’t forget, lightweight... no ornaments  and fits easily in a backpack

And the bottle is on me bartender one for the house.

• Like 3