Page 31 of the Official Minelab GPX 6000 thread:

You will see some similar comments about the 2300.

• Like 1

The SDC will always remain a key member of my fleet. Not only because I hike a lot and it folds completely in my backpack, but also because it's superb performance in difficult mineralized terrain, such as small washes close to bedrock. The small 8 inch coil also will get to places where the 11 inch won't fit. 3 inch is a significant size difference. Just like the 7000 has it's terrain where it will dominate, so has the SDC. The 6000 is somewhere in between and rather is a 7000 light than a SDC successor, from all that has been reported thus far. Regarding gain, I hardly ever run the SDC beyond 3. The threshold gets so unstable that I will not hear faint targets anymore and I miss gold. Tested this many times with small nuggets in depths >= 3 inch. Gain 2 or maybe 3, combined with headphones and SP01, that is where the SDC performs at it's best IMHO.

• Like 4

Have visited that Test Site in the video.

Also the other one next to it and both sites have their targets made from LEAD.

The other Test Site has the below sized LEAD, shaped like nuggets, and buried at these depths.

0.2 gram at 4” or 100mm

0.5 gram at 8” or 200mm

3 gram at 12” or 300mm

10 gram at 16” or 400mm

15.1 gram at 20” or 500mm

1 oz at 24” or 600mm

3 oz at 32” or 800mm

These targets at these depths would sort out which detector is best overall.

Unfortunately EMI can play havoc at times at both Test Sites. 

So far only one detector managed to get all of the above LEAD targets with a GPZ7000 while using its standard 14" DOD coil. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

A test where all 3 detectors get all the targets, except perhaps one, just leaves you with the different sounds they make. I would have liked to see targets half the weight at those depths