Mystery Metal Found While Detecting With Equinox 800

I found this what looks like natural formed metal about 2 1/2 inches long by 3/4 of inch wide and 3/4 inch high. 

If anybody could possible identify the metal on it. I found this in Nevada and very curious as to the type of metal it is. There is no other mining claims in the area. and the wash I found it in is about 100-200 feet wide. and runs about 5 miles. 

I am really interested to see what type it is. 

thanks for all the help here are some pictures.

pic 4.jpg

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic5.jpg

You didn't mention how heavy it is. If it feels relatively light for its size I would guess aluminum campfire slag. That would also fit with the somewhat botryoidal texture.

-bill

• Like 6

If it has target IDs mostly in the 30s with little or no iron tone with the horseshoe button pressed=melted aluminum.

• Like 2

If that was copper or tin slag it can be an indicator of a house burning. Found a lot of slag near foundations of structures that were burned down. Either case slag is a huge pain to detect through to find anything.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kac said:

If that was copper or tin slag it can be an indicator of a house burning. Found a lot of slag near foundations of structures that were burned down. Either case slag is a huge pain to detect through to find anything.

Out here, following the many California wildfires, I have been completely amazed buy the photos of rivulets of molten aluminum flowing away from the melted rims and engines of burned cars. Slagged aluminum usually has an oxidized surface but in those pictures it is bright and shiny. Had to be very hot fires!

• Like 1

First tell tale sign of slag is its usually flat on one side.

• Like 2