Tarsacci Will Not Turn Off

Once again today my Tarsacci would not turn off. You could feel the tactile switch clicking but no effect. I finally removed the battery cap and turned it off. I reinstalled the battery cap and could hear static in my phones as the cap negative made contact but a blank screen. I pushed and pushed and pushed the on switch to no avail. After removing the battery cap several more times each time reapplying I could hear the static in the phones but no screen. Finally upon installing the cap it came to life. I did notice that the salt balance was not acting as normal also in all frequencies. Keep in mind I have used this machine regularly for two years so I know it fairly well. This only started when I installed the new 12” coil. That is the only difference. I will put the stock coil back on and give it a go.

• Sad 1
  • Oh my! 1

Carolina  

What you saying about the pad it don’t sound good. I hope you have some warranty left on it .

I’ve had a detector for over 20 years and never had a problem. Then others had trouble the day I received it.

Do keep us informed and hope you get it back soon.

Chuck 

5 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

Carolina  

What you saying about the pad it don’t sound good. I hope you have some warranty left on it .

I’ve had a detector for over 20 years and never had a problem. Then others had trouble the day I received it.

Do keep us informed and hope you get it back soon.

Chuck 

No warranty. Shortest out there I think. 18 months !

The only hope you have is you can still send it in and get it fixed.

Like you said it has the shortest warranty but we all knew that when we ordered it. I just hope your problem isn’t a common problem for all of us.

Chuck 

The Xcal has the shortest warranty.... 1 year.  Im to lazy to go out and disconnect my coil.... so ill ask you Thomas, do the MDT come on with the coil NOT connected.... i know some machines wont.   If this one dont.... could be some salt water corrosion... either in the coil or connector to the box.   We had a little in the headphone area before using teflon tap there.   If i remember correctly you dont really use yours much IN the water.  Ive used mine so much i cant hardly read those buttons now lol.  Let us know about the fix.... obviously those of us who have had them beyond the warranty date like to know repair costs.

1 hour ago, dewcon4414 said:

The Xcal has the shortest warranty.... 1 year.  Im to lazy to go out and disconnect my coil.... so ill ask you Thomas, do the MDT come on with the coil NOT connected.... i know some machines wont.   If this one dont.... could be some salt water corrosion... either in the coil or connector to the box.   We had a little in the headphone area before using teflon tap there.   If i remember correctly you dont really use yours much IN the water.  Ive used mine so much i cant hardly read those buttons now lol.  Let us know about the fix.... obviously those of us who have had them beyond the warranty date like to know repair costs.

As you may remember I had two Tarsacci’s. The one I sold saw a lot of Bay time in the water. This one has never been under but only knee deep in the wash. It is my fresh drop choice of machines. The AQ is my water machine or my VALLON. As I said before and you asked me when we first got the Tarsacci, does yours power up when you install a fresh battery ? And yes most of the time or it will at least light the screen momentarily. Anyway, since when I install the battery I can hear the phones crackle or power up but a blank screen, I have not tried a target at that point to see if I get an audio response. I thought at first it might be heat related but yesterday was 65 degrees so that is not the problem. I have not talked to Dimitar yet though about a repair. I know of one more Tarsacci whose age is close to mine #11 that has the same issue and has been sent to Dimitar for repair last week I believe. He reached out to me via PM as he did not want to post on the forum. I am waiting on his results. One thing I have noticed is that this problem only shows up after it has been on for several hours. It acts normal on cold start ups and power downs. Funny about the Excalibur one year warranty. I own 5 total and 2 are Swords that work perfectly lol. That is one hell of a machine.

17 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Your still having this problem and haven’t called Dimitar yet??? 🤔

Aaron

https://forums.tarsaccisales.com/forum/18

Thank you for your sarcastic remark ! If you would reread my post I am waiting on another machine with the same issue.

It’s not meant to be sarcastic. If anyone could provide a answer it Dimitar, he’s always available and only a phone call away. That would have been the first thing I would have done if I was having problems, especially after buying the big coil.

Aaron

1 hour ago, Carolina said:

I know of one more Tarsacci whose age is close to mine #11 that has the same issue and has been sent to Dimitar for repair last week I believe. He reached out to me via PM as he did not want to post on the forum. I am waiting on his results.

Just to be clear. It is the machine I was using and my friend owns. It is not the "same problem". It is a machine will not power on problem, which I think is a battery area issue. 

We have gone through the proper channels and am sure it will be resolved to everyone's satisfaction.