Tarsacci Will Not Turn Off

25 minutes ago, Aaron said:

It’s not meant to be sarcastic. If anyone could provide a answer it Dimitar, he’s always available and only a phone call away. That would have been the first thing I would have done if I was having problems, especially after buying the big coil.

Aaron

I admit Dimitar has always been helpful and has treated me fairly. I will reach out to him in time once I do a few more test. Thank you

4 minutes ago, midalake said:

Just to be clear. It is the machine I was using and my friend owns. It is not the "same problem". It is a machine will not power on problem, which I think is a battery area issue. 

We have gone through the proper channels and am sure it will be resolved to everyone's satisfaction.  

My machine also refuses to power on intermittently. And also at times will not power off. In the beginning some machines had difficulty connecting the negative cap to the negative post. Some loosened the screw, some placed a washer behind. Evidently that has not fixed your friends issue. Whatever the issue I wish him the best. I hope he or you keeps us posted. My warranty is long gone and I own other detectors so it’s not a life or death issue for me.

The trouble they were having and the trouble you’re having is two different problems.

When it won’t turn off is right there in the on and off button.

It’s no way a coil could stop you from turning the detector off. If it did I’d say that would be it would be a first.

Chuck 

Demitar has been OUTSTANDING to me.  Ive had a few issues, hes always helped solve um.  The battery cap where it didnt turn on or would go off he helped me on.   A little thicker washer and a not so tight screw solved it.  Theres ALWAYS going to be repairs for us beach guys who use the machines a lot if we get um wet... and some with prolonged issues near the surf... thats just electronics.  I like that Demitar wants to know how the machine is working and anything to do with repairs.   Get-er fixed Thomas... recent drop time is coming fast with our water temps here being in the low 80s.  At least ya go those Xcals.  I sold 2 kept one of the moded blues and still have the Nox... thou im not sure why since i like those Xcals too.  My Nox went south just before the warranty did with a bad battery and stress fractures in the screw holes.... ML replaced it.... but i dont think ive used it but a very few time since getting the MDT.  Last repair with the Xcal... i had like 3 coils, all new or fairly new, had one of those cable issues... then found out ALL those coils i had stored the cables split.... ugh.  I was lucky that Joe had one he put on for me.  I honestly should sell them both and do what you did get a second MDT.   But ya never know about the production AQ or a new flag ship ML... so i keep putting it off.

• Like 1

I love the Nox but I believe the Tarsacci is more a heavy duty made detector .

It’s like Chase said he hasn’t heard of a Tarsacci drowning as of yet.

I don’t care what brand of detector you buy and how good their quality control is it don’t mean that something can’t go wrong with it.

The bad thing is when your detector when out today and your warranty went out yesterday.

The Best To All !

Chuck 

I do not have a Tarsacci in hand as of yet and I get the time a warranty is good for even a limited lifetime warranty doesn’t hold up in some or most cases.  

However if this is an known a reported issue from more than one owner/user regardless of warranty being in or passed the issue should be addressed sooner rather than later.  

I have only communicated with Aaron by phone and a few others in messenger or this platform.  I also have another high end hobby and that is hunting at night with Thermals.  What I have discovered with thermals if there is an issue the dealer or the company itself make it right.  Send in for repair and in most cases a new unit is sent with a new warranty on the optic. 

With no advertising, word of mouth will be what turns this machine on to other users.  If a reported issue is not addressed in a way that makes the owner of the machine happy, that word will spread also, potentially turning new customers away.  

I don’t know how many are on this forum but would guess several hundred by the number of views from the posts that I have made and a few responses.  

looking forward to this machine to try but fingers are crossed that nothing happens in the next couple of years based on the price 

Just my two cents.  

HH

Jim 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ive not known ANY designer to personally take the time Demitar does to talk to you about ANY problems.... especially those that might be systemic.   Hes obsessive about this machine.   Anyone who has or has seen this machine can see the build quality.  With the website now we have a place to ask questions.  Nothings flawless.... and there is no environment as harsh as beach and salt water hunting with the sun, sand and salt water.  Im the hardest guy out there on machine repairs.... thou im old and slacking up lol.   If it can break ive done it.  So i plan for repairs.   Price.... if the Nox hadnt came out with its price tag no one would think twice about the price of this machine..... ie the Xcal is about the same price with only a year warranty.   Or there is the CTX or even the less used CZ. 

• Like 4

On 5/25/2021 at 7:05 AM, dewcon4414 said:

Ive not known ANY designer to personally take the time Demitar does to talk to you about ANY problems.... especially those that might be systemic.   Hes obsessive about this machine.   Anyone who has or has seen this machine can see the build quality.  With the website now we have a place to ask questions.  Nothings flawless.... and there is no environment as harsh as beach and salt water hunting with the sun, sand and salt water.  Im the hardest guy out there on machine repairs.... thou im old and slacking up lol.   If it can break ive done it.  So i plan for repairs.   Price.... if the Nox hadnt came out with its price tag no one would think twice about the price of this machine..... ie the Xcal is about the same price with only a year warranty.   Or there is the CTX or even the less used CZ. 

Hi Dew, well I have tried everything I can possibly do to correct the problem to no avail. Tried both coils, flipped the negative contact plate in the battery cap, used a pencil eraser to clean the negative contact on the side of the battery compartment, all to no avail. Depending on the position of the on off tactile switch, when outside in the sun or heat I should say, the machine will not turn off or will not turn on. When I replace the battery cap it either fires up then turns off and the tactile switch does nothing, or it fires off and stays on but the switch still does nothing. Bring it inside and wait awhile and it responds normally. Lol. As long as I stay inside I’m good to go lol. Sooooo, I broke down and called Dimitar. It has been two years now since I bought the MDT and at least a year and a half since I last talked with him. He remembered I owned two machines and most all our conversations. As you have noted many times, a nicer more helpful owner engineer you will not find. We talked for a very long time. Looks like my MDT will be going home to California soon. We talked of many things and my only suggestion was a light control as the back light is to bright for night hunts. I also offered to sell him my oval coil as the 12” will not be coming off !!! Haha. I have no complaints of the MDT, it is a rugged well built machine. And Dew you were right, there was a video of him beating the control box in his driveway with a hammer !!! He said it was made from the same material as the police body armor. Good luck everybody and I will keep you posted.

• Like 3

Thanks for the update.  Would be interested in the out-of-warranty repair expense estimate (or just an acknowledgement that the repair cost was reasonable) as my warranty expires soon.  Thanks.  So far, though, does seem built like a tank.  I don't put it it through as much abuse as you avid salt water hunters.  That environment is tough on anything metal and electronic. Just a lot of mud and rain on my end, easily hosed off.  Still mulling the Beastie coil, I have no complaints on the stock coil and in my case  would be concerned about picking up more ground noise in my hot soil making the endeavor expensive and counterproductive.