Tarsacci Will Not Turn Off

22 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Thanks for the update.  Would be interested in the out-of-warranty repair expense estimate (or just an acknowledgement that the repair cost was reasonable) as my warranty expires soon.  Thanks.  So far, though, does seem built like a tank.  I don't put it it through as much abuse as you avid salt water hunters.  That environment is tough on anything metal and electronic. Just a lot of mud and rain on my end, easily hosed off.  Still mulling the Beastie coil, I have no complaints on the stock coil and in my case  would be concerned about picking up more ground noise in my hot soil making the endeavor expensive and counterproductive.

I can tell you before even sending it in, it will be very inexpensive. You will not find anyone who backs his machines better ( even out of warranty ) than Dimitar. In the beginning two years ago, I needed a phone cord for my own phones and he sent me one free of charge. Then several months later, I foolishly tightened the battery cap to tight and stripped the threads, again he sent me one free of charge. Then later on I was curious what size O rings the battery compartment used so I called to ask. (2) O rings. He told me the size and sent me 10 of each free of charge. Who does that ? Fisher, no. Garrett, no. Minelab, no. Not even Dilek at Notka/Makro who buy the way comes in second for customer service. So I don’t expect two things. (1) A huge repair bill. (2) weeks or months of repair times as we have seen lately with others.                        
Good luck to everybody.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Carolina said:

I can tell you before even sending it in, it will be very inexpensive. You will not find anyone who backs his machines better ( even out of warranty ) than Dimitar. In the beginning two years ago, I needed a phone cord for my own phones and he sent me one free of charge. Then several months later, I foolishly tightened the battery cap to tight and stripped the threads, again he sent me one free of charge. Then later on I was curious what size O rings the battery compartment used so I called to ask. (2) O rings. He told me the size and sent me 10 of each free of charge. Who does that ? Fisher, no. Garrett, no. Minelab, no. Not even Dilek at Notka/Makro who buy the way comes in second for customer service. So I don’t expect two things. (1) A huge repair bill. (2) weeks or months of repair times as we have seen lately with others.                        
Good luck to everybody.

When I first started he gave me extra O rings and provided the size on both which I posted on Tom’s site.  He has been extremely helpful to me and very generous with information.  He’s pretty quick about repairs even with his busy life.  Hope yours gets back quickly.  Wasn’t that something hitting the screen with a hammer?  

13 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

When I first started he gave me extra O rings and provided the size on both which I posted on Tom’s site.  He has been extremely helpful to me and very generous with information.  He’s pretty quick about repairs even with his busy life.  Hope yours gets back quickly.  Wasn’t that something hitting the screen with a hammer?  

Dew, I did not get to see the video, only asked him about it and he confirmed it was true and what it was made of. He also was leaving on vacation and will not return until the 8th so I’m holding the detector for awhile before sending. I can still use it as it works, only will not turn off. Also have other machines to use. Take care.