Hey kaolin washer

If you can find their clothes line where they hung them out to dry is a are can be a rewarding place to look . Way back when being they didn’t have a washing machine and no dryer they would shake them out before hanging them. If any coins was still in the pockets out they came when she did.

The Best!

Chuck 

• Like 3

I swear, they must have sprinkled grommets everywhere in the past. 😀 Wonder what the significance is.

Dug a whole line of IHP's near a shallow well, much truth to RR's post. Think I got 6 or 7.

• Like 1

Canvas tarps were a common item on a more prosperous farm. Linseed oiled for waterproofing. 

• Like 3

I think you had a good day, Better than work!!!  What would life be like without a grommet collection Ha Ha.

• Haha 3

JCR

You’re so right on the old farmer’s always had tarps. They’d use one if it looked like it may rain before they could get it in the barn. They’d say put that tarp over it until we can get back to it .

I know what you said is very much true being over my 80 years I’ve been there and done just that.

In the winter when we killed a hog it was always put it on a tarp to keep it clean. Then if it like it may rain we’d have another tarp to cover our work to keep from getting wet.

Chuck 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

If you can find their clothes line where they hung

Not only did they have them at the farm houses, but also at some of the old churches. I have found several coins under the lines at them, and a few other items as well.

Sometimes I look for where an old concrete pad has been for the posts and start there. Then I go towards the old outhouse from the doors at the back of the church.

Good luck and happy hunting.

• Like 1