Tarsacci 10x5 Coil

3 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Doubtful.  You really need a custom fit coil cover to ensure a snug design.  I believe The Beast coil assembly overfills the epoxy so it actually protrudes beyond the coil mold channels a bit which has to be considered in the cover design and there is a lot of variability in coils that fall in the 12” class based on the fact that rarely are the dimensions of the coils exactly at 12” with actual molds ranging from 11.5 to 12.5 inches from model to model while all are called 12” coils,  they also may not be perfectly round, and then there are small manufacturing tolerance variabilities associated within specific coil models.  You are rolling the dice by simply grabbing a “generic” 12-inch cover without having it in hand to test the fit before you actually purchase it.

Yes that’s true, the amount epoxy varies on each BEAST coil. My personal one isn’t really over filled. The coil though, is not perfectly round being 11 3/4” from top to heel and 12” wide. So even if it did fit, you’d still be getting all kinds of dirt and sand coming in at the top and heel. Not cool.

Aaron

• Like 1

From my understanding, the coils for the MDT are as special as the detector unit itself. Maybe more so as the concept was developed based on the coil. 

• 3 weeks later...

Some say they didn’t have use for the 6 “ round coil but over the years that size coil has found lots of coins for me . I know the Tarsacci wasn’t made to be a nugget detector but it sure loves some of the nuggets I run under the coil.

Someone ask just how much would I be willing to pay for a 10 X 5” coil. You know I have that size coil ordered that’s costing me 219.00 for my Nox. So I’d be willing to pay 319.00 for the same coil for my Tarsacci. I’ll go one better in let them tell me what it would cost to make one and if not too bad I’ll go it . If I’d buy into this then I get paid a dollar back that others buy until it gets down to what it’s regularly selling for..

I’m wondering if it’s anyone out there in the gold fields has tried the Tarsacci for nugget hunting. The Tarsacci is great along the coast could be be the same nugget hunting.

I’ve got all the nugget detectors I really need but I like to step from the known to the unknown.

I’m not asking for your opinion but just expressing myself.

Chuck 

I believe Tom has tried his Tarsacci in the gold field. I’m not 100 percent sure.

• Thanks 1

Carolina  

Thanks for the heads up who may have.

I know I can find out for myself but may be awhile before I can get back to gold country. I’ve got the nuggets but lack the mineralized soil for a true test.

Inquiring mind wants to know.

Thanks again!

Chuck 

On 5/9/2021 at 8:37 PM, Ridge Runner said:

I know myself over the years liked to hunt with a small coil but you had the option of a round coil and really was it 

Now days you can get them in about any variation one would want.

I’d like to hear from others if you see the need for a smaller coil like the one I started this post with.

Up front I want everyone know I think the beast 12” coil is great and I don’t have trouble swinging it. For myself I see the need of having a small coil would be a advantage to me when not a BeachHunter .

The main advantage to a small coil to start with is you can get it in places that 12” won’t fit.

As always the Best To all!

Chuck

Got to tell ya Chuck, that standard coil coil really gets in some tight places. Want to work close to something, just adjust the machine down some.  Course everyone has different conditions.

• 4 weeks later...

Carolina 

You made a statement that Tom had used the Tarsacci in the gold fields but do you know where and who is Tom ?

I still would like to have a small coil in the range of 10X5. That long nose coil can get in places you’re not going to get with any round coil.

You young bucks need to slow down like the song says You got to have a slow hand and a easy touch!

Does anyone know the man with the plan of all of this ever come on here? 
Chuck 

9 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Carolina 

You made a statement that Tom had used the Tarsacci in the gold fields but do you know where and who is Tom ?

I still would like to have a small coil in the range of 10X5. That long nose coil can get in places you’re not going to get with any round coil.

You young bucks need to slow down like the song says You got to have a slow hand and a easy touch!

Does anyone know the man with the plan of all of this ever come on here? 
Chuck 

Brain fart “Steve”. Sorry.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if the father of the Tarsacci ever comes on here to hear what we have to say are want? I do hope so but if not then we all wasting our time here expressing ourselves of anything.

If the Tarsacci wasn’t so unique just maybe coil companies would make coils for the Tarsacci when their numbers increase. I’d say for now we’ll have to depend on the powers that be at Tarsacci to hear that I’m waiting for my 10X5 coil..

I do believe this coil would open doors for people bye expanding the use of the Tarsacci in so many fields that it can’t go with a big coil. 

You expand the use of the Tarsacci you expand the sales too. I don’t believe if anyone is in business for their health.

Chuck