As a new member of the forum I suspect this question has been dealt with many times in the past .I am having a problem linking my WM 08 to my Nox 600 .It just does not happen ,full charge on both and 2 ft apart .I have tried at least a dozen times .(headphones not turned on or involved .Can anyone help ?

Welcome, CanadianScouser!  (It's customary for new members to create an introductory post (click here) with a bit of detail such as (suggestions) location, experience, detecting interests.  Hope you'll do that.)

Did you follow these instructions from the Equinox Instruction Manual?

pairing_WM08-1.png.ce9835c785809442ef5478be554e5c13.png

pairing_WM08-2.png.fe24075c5dc734ca5d27d82f593d515c.png

• Like 2

Just an aside, every device I have ever paired to my Equinox 600 took at least two to a few minutes. Patience is a virtue, and I always turn on the device before the detector afterward. 

You should also make sure Bluetooth is off on your phone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F350Platinum said:

I always turn on the device before the detector afterward.

I can't say what matters for the Bluetooth transmission side of the Equinox as I use the WM08 exclusively with my 800.  (I've also never heard that the 600 and 800 act differently when it comes to the communication channels.)

Once I've paired the WM08 (and haven't done a factory reset in the meantime) it connects whenever both are turned on, regardless of order.  I have two WM08 modules and alternate them between detector sessions (cycling the batteries -- don't know if that's important, though).  As far as which I turn on first, it doesn't seem to matter.  However, to protect my ears I try to avoid having the WM08 on and headphones/earbuds in place simultaneously when I turn on the Equinox as the Equinox's startup sequence puts out a loud tone right at the end of startup that is painful on my ears.  As such I typically turn on the Eqx and let it go through its startup sequence completely before I turn on the WM08, although it works for me either way.

The WM08 will stay on for a few minutes (I think it's about 5 minutes but can't find that in the Instruction Manual) whenever the Eqx is turned off but eventually after it hasn't gotten a signal in a while it turns itself off to save battery life.  This has an advantage if the WM08 is inconveniently (i.e. difficult to access the on/off button) stored in a pocket, especially if you turn the Eqx off for some reason (e.g. to save settings) and then back on within the WM08's grace period, and even more useful if you walk out of range for a short time (e.g. back to your vehicle while leaving the Equinox laying on the ground).

• Like 2

Certainly what I wrote isn't gospel 😀 but it is a fact that non-Minelab devices (I have 4 or 5) can take up to two minutes or more to pair. I've never seen it be immediate, and I have timed it. Can't mention any Minelab devices because I don't have any. On a rare occasion or two I have initialzed both the Equinox and the headphones before attempting to pair them.

I turn the Equinox on first because I want it to pass its WiFi search before pairing a non-Minelab device. I agree that the happy bootup sounds it makes can be a bit of a shock.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Certainly what I wrote isn't gospel 😀 but it is a fact that non-Minelab devices (I have 4 or 5) can take up to two minutes or more to pair. I've never seen it be immediate, and I have timed it. Can't mention any Minelab devices because I don't have any. On a rare occasion or two I have initialzed both the Equinox and the headphones before attempting to pair them.

I turn the Equinox on first because I want it to pass its WiFi search before pairing a non-Minelab device. I agree that the happy bootup sounds it makes can be a bit of a shock.

The initial pairing indeed takes a minute or two because it looks for the Wi Stream WM08 device first and then looks for the BT device if no WM08 exists.

Subsequent reconnects with a paired BT device or WM08 after the initial pairing should happen within a matter of a 2 to 20 seconds because the Nox does not go into WM08 search mode upon detector energization unless you have fiddled with the radio button in the mean time.  After a successful pairing you should never have to touch the radio on/off/pairing button again and simply turn the headphone and detector on in whatever order you prefer.  You should only attempt to put the Nox in pairing mode if you are connecting up a different wireless audio device, have reset your audio device, or have done a factory reset of the Nox.

HTH

• Like 3

13 hours ago, CanadianScouser said:

.I am having a problem linking my WM 08 to my Nox 600

The first time that I tried to pair the WM08, I did not have the wireless icon on the 800,because I forgot it was off. My headsets would pair every time, I think they are Bluetooth but not sure.

I hope this helps.

• The title was changed to Wm08 Not Pairing