Broken Lower Rod On Impulse AQ ..... Update

4 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Sad to hear as I  just sent in my AQ for what is probably going to be a coil problem. If I get the same run around like you, I will never buy another Fisher product again. Sorry Alexandre, but that is how it is. I spent $82.13 cent to insure it and get it to Fisher. I wanted to just send the coil but their "Tech" said he wants it all (including shaft). My beach season is almost over and again my AQ is down. I feel for you as a quick turn around on a new shaft should have been done immediately! I almost get the feeling like I am doing something wrong and they don't trust anyone when you bring to light a warrantee problem. These are known problems and there should be no decision needed. Just fix the damn thing! Rant over.

I have not heard of any coil problems. The coil is very straightforward. I have heard of Souriau connector failures though. Good luck and hope for a quick turn around for you. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, cuniagau said:

Alexandre,

By "unmodified" do you mean that I will get the same rod that just failed?  If so, will I get a "final resolution" lower rod when it is available?  At this point I do not have much confidence in the original one as there have been several failures in the AQs that are out there so far.  That being said, I do appreciate your help with getting me a rod that I can get back out on beach. 

thanks,

Joe

Hello Joe,

Yes that is what I am trying to get for you, as the mechanical changes will take time. (fews weeks minimum)

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Carolina said:

I have not heard of any coil problems. The coil is very straightforward. I have heard of Souriau connector failures though. Good luck and hope for a quick turn around for you. 

Sorry, not meaning the coil itself, just probably the wire or connector. I should have been clearer. It just get old after a while that every time it's a good time to use that machine it is down. I guess I expect they would move those to the front of the repair section, but it's like your forgotten, and not ever a sorry it broke. 😄

• Like 1

I received the replacement lower rod today, three weeks after notifying First Texas of the breakage of the rod and sending pictures of it to them.  Anyone notice anything missing in one of the pictures below?  I guess I should have kept the button spring clip from the broken rod.  I kept the clevis bolts and nuts but not the spring clip.  Who would have thought that the rod would not come without the spring clip?  I used a piece of wooden dowel about the same size as the holes to keep the coil lined up and from rotating.  Just taped the dowel in place and it at least let me hunt this afternoon.   Thanks to all who help me get the replacement.    

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, cuniagau said:

I received the replacement lower rod today, three weeks after notifying First Texas of the breakage of the rod and sending pictures of it to them.  Anyone notice anything missing in one of the pictures below?  I guess I should have kept the button spring clip from the broken rod.  I kept the clevis bolts and nuts but not the spring clip.  Who would have thought that the rod would not come without the spring clip?  I used a piece of wooden dowel about the same size as the holes to keep the coil lined up and from rotating.  Just taped the dowel in place and it at least let me hunt this afternoon.   Thanks to all who help me get the replacement.    

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

Someone doesn’t like you!

• Haha 1

• The title was changed to Broken Lower Rod On Impulse AQ ..... Update
13 hours ago, cuniagau said:

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

if you need a spring clip let me know & ill send you 1 in the mail

feel free to give me a ring 928-715-5324 az time

walt

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, wltdwiz said:

if you need a spring clip let me know & ill send you 1 in the mail

feel free to give me a ring 928-715-5324 az time

walt

Walt,

Thanks for the offer.  I sent an e-mail with pictures to FT yesterday after I saw that the assembly was incomplete so I should be hearing something back from them.  They should put one in the mail ASAP but I choose not to hold my breath. LOL  I still have a bag of detecting "stuff" that I couldn't find yesterday that might contain a spring clip.  I am doing yard work for the mother-in-law today and I can always just use my Minelab as I have the past 3 weeks anyway. (gold x3, silver x8)

thanks again,

Joe

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Cuniagau......you can use the metal clamp of the lower rod, also from Whites, Garret, Fisher or Minelab ,,, they are sufficiently compatible ..., although for some manufacturers you will use only 1 side of such a clamp for locking the rod ../ for double-sided clamps /.

• Like 2

Just ordered some carbon fiber tube, 25mm x 23mm. Think I am going to add a little over that weak area. My last trip out I noticed I do lean a lot on that shaft. If they are prone to break in the same spot all of the time I think this reinforcement will help? Will post pictures of the Mods once I get one done. 

TVR, do you have pictures of yours or anyone else that has snapped the clevis.

• Like 5

On 5/12/2021 at 4:03 PM, schoolofhardNox said:

Sorry, not meaning the coil itself, just probably the wire or connector. I should have been clearer. It just get old after a while that every time it's a good time to use that machine it is down. I guess I expect they would move those to the front of the repair section, but it's like your forgotten, and not ever a sorry it broke. 😄

Exactly.  When I got mine back from a no threshold problem after 3 months it only said 'Replaced PCB Board.'  I sold it before I used it.  There was no attempt to make me a satisfied user.  Those of us who are dissatisfied have remained so and are growing in number.  When do they get around to Customer Service?

• Like 1