Starting To Get Back To Normal

• The title was changed to Starting To Get Back To Normal

6 hours ago, Glenn in CO said:

You would think after thirty-five times to this site it would be some what hunted out, but the site keeps producing or is our metal detectors technology getting better?

From the looks of those in the first picture, don't forget to include 'experience'.  😁  (I'm probably older than 2/3 of those pictured....)

What's the story of that site?  Ghost town, trading post, mining camp, saloon?  From the coins you report I suspect a place where money was readily being exchanged.  It looks like you're well on your way to a couple harmonica rebuilds.  Thanks for the photos and encouragement.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

From the looks of those in the first picture, don't forget to include 'experience'.  😁  (I'm probably older than 2/3 of those pictured....)

What's the story of that site?  Ghost town, trading post, mining camp, saloon?  From the coins you report I suspect a place where money was readily being exchanged.  It looks like you're well on your way to a couple harmonica rebuilds.  Thanks for the photos and encouragement.

Hi GB,

The Ghost Town was a old coal mining camp that began in 1877 and closed in 1924. Can't reveal the town's name due to the site being on private land and our club's policy in protecting the site for future outing.

One of most unique finds on a previous club outing from this site was a nameplate from a billiards table.

100_2485.thumb.JPG.f4ca3a5be89134b4763d08cc787a70aa.JPG.cc8d4a9dfcce2e33e4ca72df1de1b7ac.JPG1.thumb.jpg.fa44a1d72e4f743c671d52a6fdd94a6d.jpg.d1207df86b46ba109141fae8f1e05a16.jpg2.thumb.jpg.5795ef59ad57e2e2707084286dc1a619.jpg.acdcc73bfe98bc7d2b16bc894209b629.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Glenn in CO said:

One of most unique finds on a previous club outing from this site was a nameplate from a billiards table.

Beautiful patina on that!  I can just imagine the money that exchanged hands over that table (and maybe some splatters of blood, too.)  Yes, I was just wanting a teaser of history for the site.  Coal mining camp is more than enough for me.  Thanks, again.

• Like 1

Glenn,

I think part of eveyone's success that day was newer technology, many of us were using the Nox 800 and the 6"coil.  My wife had the ORX and found a nice Miners Tag along with a few other "goodies". A couple of my finds included 2 RR Lead Bale Seals, a 1901 Indian Head Penny made into a Pendant and a shell casing with a Cartridge I've never seen before, 40-82.  After a little research I think Winchester came out with it in the late 1800's.  Maybe some of our other Forum members could tell me a bit more about it.  

IMG_0612.jpg

• Like 7