8 minutes ago, Mikeguard01 said:

Those Corona caps became predictable in Tones Mode.

Your ears are probably better than mine; they are still not so apparent to me. What ATS and disc settings?

Today I dug a quarter in wet sand where the hole did not collapse. Good round sound and not faint at all in all metal. Switch to tone and it went to a smooth even mid-tone with little if any pitch modulation, not the low growl the stainless scoop gives. I was at presets. Quarter was down about 18 inches or so, back of the scoop about 5 inches below sand surface level. Got a thin ring yesterday that is leaching copper but shows a lot of silver color. I have no idea what it is made of yet. Will try to clean it up when I get home after the weekend. It was in that same 18 inch range and was a good solid signal, high tone in both all metal and tones. I don't think I would have hit either with any of the other detectors I have, and these were solid signals; not whispers.

Hoping there is gasoline someplace this coming weekend for the trip home!

21 minutes ago, tvr said:

Your ears are probably better than mine; they are still not so apparent to me. What ATS and disc settings?

Today I dug a quarter in wet sand where the hole did not collapse. Good round sound and not faint at all in all metal. Switch to tone and it went to a smooth even mid-tone with little if any pitch modulation, not the low growl the stainless scoop gives. I was at presets. Quarter was down about 18 inches or so, back of the scoop about 5 inches below sand surface level. Got a thin ring yesterday that is leaching copper but shows a lot of silver color. I have no idea what it is made of yet. Will try to clean it up when I get home after the weekend. It was in that same 18 inch range and was a good solid signal, high tone in both all metal and tones. I don't think I would have hit either with any of the other detectors I have, and these were solid signals; not whispers.

Hoping there is gasoline someplace this coming weekend for the trip home!

I was running pretty hot. I had the ATS 5 1/2 disc in 6, Delay 8, and sensitivity maxed out. Water was pretty calm, but the AQ had a little falsing that I could deal with. If I swept the coil fast I got a high tone. When I slowed it down the leading and lagging edge of the was a little rough sounding (really quick low tone). My hearing is pretty bad, I wear hearing aids. I did make a some headsets that are really loud out of old David Clark aviation headphones. Basically gutted them and added piezos.

The AQ does hit pretty hard on those deep targets.

Good Luck getting fuel Have a safe trip.

HH

Mike

KIMG0976.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

You are Hot on the Yellow Mike and that AQ is going to be paid off soon! 

Great day out Mike, Thank you for the invite also. Hard to believe it has been 5 months since I got wet.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Great day out Mike, Thank you for the invite also. Hard to believe it has been 5 months since I got wet.

Had a great time. It's been awhile since we hunted together. 5 months is a long time. I'm ready anytime you are.

HH

Mike

• Like 1

• The title was changed to A Little More AQ Gold
18 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Hi Joe / wondering if you think it is better to wait for the AQ SERIEs or go with the limited - given your experience with the Xcals etc

any advice appreciated - sorry to hijack the thread!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dmnz said:

Hi Joe / wondering if you think it is better to wait for the AQ SERIEs or go with the limited - given your experience with the Xcals etc

any advice appreciated - sorry to hijack the thread!

My opinion, Nothing wrong with the limited other then the battery run time and the cables in that area. But I do think the "New" AQ is a much better machine because they have made so many refinements. The only thing that concerns me...the Price. I am hopping around 2000.oo? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

My opinion, Nothing wrong with the limited other then the battery run time and the cables in that area. But I do think the "New" AQ is a much better machine because they have made so many refinements. The only thing that concerns me...the Price. I am hopping around 2000.oo? 

Thanks Joe

are the cables a relatively easy fix if broken - have a chance to get a limited to NZ and value your opinion!

12 hours ago, Dmnz said:

Thanks Joe

are the cables a relatively easy fix if broken - have a chance to get a limited to NZ and value your opinion!

The cables they use now are very hardy and I doubt there would be any problems with them. If there was there are places that sell similar cables here in the states. And really you could make your own for the connectors are sold by Bulgin. I just don't like the design and the way it's looks like a rats nest. 

My big concern about having a limited that far away would be Warranty work.

• Like 1